Have no idea how to use Discord on Xbox? We've got you covered!
Discord now works natively with the Xbox console, allowing us to have voice chats with our friends while playing on the console. The voice integration on Xbox is a godsend to gamers on Xbox and we can soon expect Discord integration on PS5 as well.
In this article, we will show you how to use Discord on Xbox, so you can communicate and coordinate with your friends in your quest.
How to use Discord on Xbox
Initially, you needed a mobile app to transfer voice from Discord to your Xbox Series X|S or Xbox One console. But an even easier way to access the Voice channels in your Discord servers is rolling out that allows you to join a Discord voice channel on your Xbox console without using a mobile app
Now, let's look at how to use Discord on Xbox. In order to use Discord, first you need to link your Discord and Xbox accounts. If you have already done it, skip to the next section.
First, link your Discord and Xbox accounts
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
- Select Profile & System > Settings > Account > Linked Social Accounts.
- Under the Discord tile, select Link.
- Follow the instructions to link your Discord account.
- Now, open Discord on your mobile or PC and go to Settings.
- Select Connections and add Xbox.
- Enter the code displayed on your Xbox console. Your accounts will now be linked.
Join a Discord voice channel on your Xbox console
- Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the Guide.
- Go to Parties & chats and select Discord.
- Select a Discord server from the list and press the A button.
- Select a Discord voice channel from the Voice channels list and press the A button to join.
You’ll be able to see a preview of your friends who are in a specific Voice channel before you join from your console. Once you are done voice calling, you can leave the voice channel by going to Parties & chats > Discord and selecting Disconnect.
How to transfer a voice call to your Xbox console
As we mentioned above, a way to access Discord voice chats directly from your Xbox console is rolling out. However, if you haven't got that feature yet, your only option is to use a mobile app to transfer voice from Discord to your Xbox Series X|S or Xbox One console.
So, here is how to transfer a Discord voice call to your Xbox console:
From the Discord mobile app
- Open the server with the desired voice channel and join the channel.
- Select Try voice chat on console!
- Select Transfer to Xbox.
- Select your console and then select Transfer audio.
Once the audio is transferred to the console, you can close the Discord and Xbox apps on your mobile device and the Discord voice channel will remain running on your console.
From the Discord desktop or browser app
- Open the server and join the voice channel.
- Right-click the voice channel and select Transfer Voice to Xbox.
- Scan the code with a mobile device.
- On the “Transfer Discord audio” screen, the default console will be listed. Select Change to switch to another console, or select Transfer audio to initiate the transfer to your console.
- On your Xbox console, you’ll receive a pop-up notification about the transfer.
At this point, you are all set to hop into your favourite game with your Discord communities. In case Discord is not connecting to your Xbox for some reason, we recommend you visit the linked article as it has some troubleshooting tips to help you out.