The PS5 is undeniably a magnificent games console. But as with so many devices in their early days, it still has one or two teething problems, one of which is error code CE-107857-8.
This has been causing issues for several gamers fortunate enough to get their hands on a machine. Today, we'll be running you through what error CE-107857-8 means, possible causes, and those all-important remedies.
Read More: Is PS5 Rest Mode Safe 2021: Is the PS5’s Rest Mode Issue fixed yet?
How To Fix PS5 Error Code CE-107857-8
Sony offers a very simple solution to rectify this issue - update the system software to the latest version.
This should happen automatically on your console, but if you get stuck, Sony offers plenty of help and advice here. Sony emphasises that updating to the latest software is a way to ensure you enjoy the optimum PlayStation experience. It's also a way for them to remedy any bugs, so can help with any known errors.
In the unlikely event that updating your system software doesn't fix this, there are a few other fixes floating around, which you may want to investigate if all else fails.
- Make sure the game is fully up to date.
- Make sure your network works correctly. Test other devices, do a speed test, and make sure you don't have multiple devices all competing for bandwidth.
- One final, albeit drastic, option is to consider rebuilding the PS5 database on your console. As we mentioned earlier, it's likely that a system update will remedy your problem. But just in case, here's what you can do:
- Start by putting your console in Safe Mode. To do this, turn off your console by holding the power button for three seconds. The power indicator will blink for a few moments before turning off.
- Once the console is off, press and hold the power button again. Release it after you hear the second beep — one beep will sound when you first press, and another seven seconds later.
- Connect the controller with the USB cable and press the PS button on the controller.
- Select Rebuild Database to scan the drive and create a new database of all content on the system. This option is useful if you're experiencing system feature issues.
What Is PS5 Error Code CE-107857-8?
There have been a number of reported messages relating to this error code. They all revolve around a similar theme - installation failures, games stuck in download queues, and frequent crashes.
There has been speculation that the error first started appearing at the same time as Demon's Souls was launched, although this is unproven.
Sony themselves has suggested that the error arises when there has been an issue with an application loading correctly.
Read More: Ratchet and Clank PS5 rifts could “easily” work on PS3 says veteran dev