Gran Turismo has arrived to great fanfare, but players of the game are already crashing into issues. One problem that's been cropping up is Gran Turismo 7 Error CE-108255-1. Players who encounter this error are complaining of issues with the game crashing and freezing.
If this is affecting you, you may well be wondering what is going. More importantly, you may be asking what you can do about it. After all, it's enormously frustrating to try and play one of the biggest game releases of the game so far, only to be thwarted. So here's what you may be able to do about it.
How To Fix The "Something Went Wrong With This Game Or App" Error
If you see error code Ce-108255-1, then there are a few steps you can take in an effort to resolve the problem:
- Start by checking for any pending updates for your system and for GT 7. Very often, there will be a patch released soon after a game is launched, to quickly resolve any bugs that are identified early on. In fact, GT 7 already has patch version 1.050. So make sure you install that as soon as you can.
- If you find this error arising soon after you've launched the game, try deleting the game from your storage, and then reinstall it.
- Should you still encounter this error, go into Safe Mode and select Option 5: Rebuild Database. To get into Safe Mode:
- Turn off your console by holding the power button for three seconds. The power indicator will blink for a few moments before turning off.
- Once the console is off, press and hold the power button again. Release it after you hear the second beep — one beep will sound when you first press, and another seven seconds later.
- Connect the controller with the USB cable and press the PS button on the controller.
- If, after all this, you are still getting this error, then you're going to need to reset your PS5. Make sure you backup all your data before doing this, as it will wipe the console. Then go to Settings > System > System Software > Reset PS5.
Once you reach this point, if you are still struggling, it might be time to contact Sony to request a repair.
Read More: Gran Turismo 7 Download Error: How To Fix The GT 7 Download Issue On PlayStation
Read More: Everything you need to know about Gran Turismo 7
What Is Gran Turismo 7 Error CE-108255-1?
Unfortunately, there is no way of knowing whether your issue will be a simple fix like a software update, or a full repair. We'd recommend going through the fixes we outlined above step by step, and hope you resolve it before you get to the end.
It may be a small crumb of comfort to know that Gran Turismo 7 error CE-108255-1 is not specific to this game. It is accompanied by the message "Something Went Wrong With This Game Or App". But, in fact, the error could be a fault with the game, or more worryingly, with the console itself.
If it's only happening with GT 7, then you can be hopeful that it is pointing to a problem specifically with that game. But if you are spotting this problem bleeding into other games or apps, then there may be something more fundamental going wrong with your PS5.
Read More: Gran Turismo 7 Server Error: How To Fix Connection Issues on GT 7
The only way to know is by trying the fixes we suggested earlier. And if you're lucky, you won't need to get your console repaired.
For more articles like this, take a look at our Gaming , How To , and PlayStation pages.