Being locked out of your account is annoying, and the Genshin Impact login error is just that.
Alongside the likes of Genshin Impact lag and the Genshin black screen issues, the login error is just one of several issues facing the game.
Happily, we at Stealth Optional are on hand to help untangle this for you, leaving you free to log back into your account and avoid losing all that progress. Here's what you need to know about the Genshin Impact Login Error.
Why am I locked out of my Genshin Impact account?
There are a few reasons you might be locked out of your Genshin Impact account, ranging from the very simple to the more complex. Most obviously, you can be locked out if you enter the wrong credentials too many times.
However, in this situation, you should be able to reset your password. Unless, when you registered your account, you failed to link it to an email address that you still have access to.
Another more unsavoury possibility is that your login details have been compromised, allowing someone else to access your account and change your security details. It almost goes without saying that you should never share your account or your security details with anyone else.
Ultimately, whatever the cause is behind your account becoming locked, there are things you can do, to regain access. Let's take a look.
Read More: Genshin Impact Internet: Does Genshin Impact Need Internet, Or Can You Play It Offline?
How can I fix Genshin Impact Login Error?
The easiest thing to do to fix a Genshin Impact Login Error is to contact MiHoYo Customer Service at email@example.com. The more information you can provide them with, the better. They will want you to provide things like:
- Your UID
- Email address and/or phone number the account was registered with
- If you have changed your email address or phone number
- When you last logged in
- When you registered the account
- What devices you have used to access the account
- Any in-game transactions you might have carried out - when, how much, etc.
You can also create a second account and contact the same team through the in-game feedback option, if you prefer.
There are other possibilities as to why you might not be able to access your account, which are also worth considering:
- Firstly, make sure you have fully updated Genshin Impact. If you are running an old version, it may no longer be able to talk to the game server to verify your details.
- If you are using a VPN, the changing IP address may make your connection to the Genshin servers unstable, so it may be worth turning off your VPN and seeing if this resolves the issue.
- And finally, do all the usual checks that we recommend: restart your device, check your internet connection is working properly, check whether MiHoYo has any server issues on Twitter.
For more articles like this, take a look at our Gaming , Genshin Impact , and How To pages.