Despite the popularity of FIFA Ultimate Team, FIFA 22 still has more than its fair share of glitches and errors to moan about. The latest is a message saying, "An Error Occurred Downloading The FUT Squad Update". Players who are getting this message are then struggling to access the FUT game mode.
In an effort to stave off a wave of FIFA-related anger, we've put together a piece to explain everything we know about this error. Here's what we can tell you about how to fix the FIFA 22 error downloading the FUT squad update.
How To Fix FIFA 22 'An Error Occured Downloading The FUT Squad Update'
With FIFA 22 being a relatively new game, EA are yet to provide a definite solution to the FUT squad update error. But, as with so many of the errors we are seeing on FIFA 22, there have been similar problems in previous version of the game, which we can use to give us some guidance:
- From the FIFA dashboard, try going to Manage Game > Saved Data. Select your gamertag to delete the local data. Once this is deleted, you can download the cloud version of the saved data.
- Try changing the DNS settings. Some players reported that changing the primary address to 18.104.22.168. and the secondary to 22.214.171.124. worked, while others found that 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52 was effective. Try both, and see if either of them works for you. There's a helpful guide on changing your DNS settings here.
- Other players reported that usign a different internet connection worked. So if you're on Wi-Fi, to using a mobile hotspot, to see if this makes a difference.
- We also recommend checking the server status for FIFA 22. If there is a problem, wait until it has been resolved before trying again.
- A final potential remedy is to try using a VPN. In case the problem is with your local server, a VPN may connect you to a server in a different part of the world, which may allow to to overcome this issue. On the flip side, if you are already using a VPN, try switching it off, in case connecting to a more local server makes the difference.
If these solutions don't work, then it's tme to get in touch with EA directly, for additional help and advice. You can reach them on Twitter @EAHelp or contact them on their website. If enough people are reporting this issue, the hope is that EA will investigate and resolve it as a matter of urgency.
Read More: FIFA 22 SBC Error: How To Fix Can’t Submit SBC Issue In FUT 22
What Causes the "Error Occured Downloading The FUT Squad Update" in FIFA 22?
At this stage, it is uncertain as to exactly what causes this error. Based on the solutions that have worked on previous version of the game, we can make an educated guess. It seems to be linked to the way the servers are, or aren't, communicating with the home networks of effected players. Changing the DNS can sometimes mean that you switch whichever server you are communicating with. The fact that this seems to have worked for players, potentially points to a server-side issue.
Ultimately, we'll need to wait until EA provide a fix, before we can fully understand what's happening. But in the meantime, give the solutions we suggested above a try. The worst that can happen is that you are stuck in the same spot you are now.
Read More: FIFA 22 Connection Error: How To Fix Error Connecting to FIFA 22 Ultimate Team Servers
For more articles like this, take a look at our Gaming and How To page.