The latest Diablo game is now with us, but players are experiencing a Diablo Immortal crashing issue, which has somewhat reduced their enjoyment of the game. So what, if anything, can be done about it, should you find yourself in a similar predicament?
Well, there are a few potential steps that can help. We'll take you through those now.
How To Fix Diablo Immortal Crashing
Before we embark on this voyage of discovery, it's an appropriate time to remind you that before doing anything else, make sure you are running the game on a device that is up to the job. If your system doesn't meet the minimum specifications required by the game, then you are going to run into a host of problems.
Read More: Diablo Immortal Unable To Connect: How To Fix The Connection Error on Diablo Immortal
The minimum specifications for Diablo Immortal are as follows:
- CPU: Intel Core i3 or AMD FX-8100
- RAM: 4 GB
- OS: Windows 7 / Windows 8 / Windows 10 / Windows 11 (64-bit)
- Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460, ATI Radeon HD 6850, or Intel HD Graphics 530
- OS: Android 5.0 or higher
- Processor: Snapdragon 660 / Exynos 9611 or higher
- Video: Adreno 512 / Mali-G62 MP3 or higher
- Memory: 2GB RAM
- Hardware: iPhone 6s and newer
- Operating System: iOS 11 and later
As we said above, these are the absolute minimum requirements to run the game. It is recommended that you have better specs than these to get the most from the game. But if your device doesn't meet these specs, and you are getting a crashing issue, there's a strong chance your device is the problem.
Assuming you have checked, and your device is up to the mark, what then? Here are your best options for resolving the Diablo Immortal crashing issue.
- Start by making sure your game and your device are fully up to date. If you ahve any updates pending, install them, and then try relaunching the game.
- Restart your device and relaunch the game.
- If you are on an Android device, try clearing the app cache. To do this, go into settings > app storage. Select the Diablo Immortal app, then press Clear Data. On an iOS device, you'll need to delete the app, then reinstall it.
- If none of these solutions works, then you can try uninstalling the game from your phone, and reinstall it.
Extra Steps if Diablo Immortal is Crashing on PC
If you are palynig Diablo Immortal on PC, there are some additional steps you can take in an effort to fix this problem. Many of the points we raised above, such as restarting your device and checking for updates, still apply. But in additon, try these tips:
- When you first open the game, there is an option marked "repair" in the bottom left corner. It's worth trying to repair the game files, in case anything has become corrupted.
- We've already mentioend updates, but this is a reminder to check that DirectX, your graphics drivers and your Windows OS are also fully updated.
- Make sure your internet connection is working properly. If you're on WiFi, if possible switch to a more stable wired connection. You can also try using a VPN to connect with a different game server, in case there is an issue locally. If you already use a VPN, disable it to see if that makes a difference.
- Some users have reported that disablnig voice chat has seemingly fixed the issue. So it may be worth trying.
If you've reached this point and are still struggling, your final opton is to uninstall and then reinstall the game. And if that doesn't work, we recommend contacting the Blizzard Support team for further assistance.
What Is The Diablo Immortal Crashing Error?
As the name suggests, the Diablo Immortal crashing error causes the game to crash. It seems to happen randomly and without warning, forcing the player to restart the game.
It's a very frustrating issue, and as with many of the issues in relation to Daiblo Immortal, does not yet seem to have a clear cause. Which makes providing a definitive solution difficult.
Read More: Diablo Immortal Repair Client Error: How To Fix The Repair Client Issue
But the suggestions we made earlier are your best bet to fix the problem, until the developers are able to get a handle on things. As with the majority of new games, bugs and errors are inevitable. The question is whether a fix can be quickly identifid and made available via a patch.
For more articles like this, take a look at our Gaming and How To page.