Battlefield 2042 is a game that is centred on the multiplayer experience. The game is set up specifically for large-scale battles, and the added functionality of cross-platform gaming makes it easier than ever to play with friends, regardless of what console you each may own. In theory, anyway. In reality, users are being hit with a Battlefield 2042 user not found error. This is making it very difficult for players to play Battlefield 2042 with friends. Today, we'll examine this issue in a bit more detail, and tell you everything we know.
How To Fix Battlefield 2042 User Not Found Error
If this error is hitting you when you go online and attempt to play with friends, here are the steps you can take:
- Start by checking to see if there are any problems with the server. The best place to go for updates is on Twitter @BattlefieldComm. They will regularly update their feed with any issues or outages.
- Make sure your internet connection and that of your friend are both working properly. Ideally, use a wired connection rather than WiFi.
- Make sure that you both have crossplay enabled, if you are using different platforms.
- Check for any pending updates.
- Relaunch the game and try again.
If none of these steps works, then it may be worth getting in touch with @EAHelp or visiting their help and support page to seek further assistance. But what do we know about the cause of this issue?
Read More: How To Fix Battlefield 2042 Error Code 15-7A: Unable To Load Persistence Data
What Causes The User Not Found Error?
EA has previously acknowledged that this was an issue during the Battlefield 2042 Beta period. During the Open Beta, players were matchmade with players on relevant platforms. However, they were unable to squad up with players on different platforms. It's possible that the current issue is a continuation of what was happening during the Beta period.
In addition, in their list of known errors, EA has acknowledged this problem:
We’re aware of a unique situation where accounts that have access to Battlefield 2042 across multiple platforms may cause Cross Play Friends to not appear
So it's clear that there is an ongoing issue with crossplay. This is currently marked as an error that's been marked for a fix in a future update, so it's important to make sure you keep your game fully updated, in case a fix becomes available.
Read More: How To Fix Battlefield 2042 Easy Anti-Cheat Error