Have you ever wondered just how hours we put into our favourite games?
We all try and sneak the odd hour here or there, or those of us with more spare time might get the occasional full day of gaming in, but how does it all add up.
We're not talking about just you though, what if you took everyone and smushed their gaming time together?
Well, if you're curious as to what that would look like, then we've got good news.
Good lord that's a lot of gaming
In a report put out by GAME, it was announced that if you take every hour put into the top 10 most-played games then you get 19.2 million years of gaming.
That's, frankly, an unfathomable amount of gaming, just an obscene amount of gaming.
If you're trying to work out how much that is, or if you'd like a nerdy fact to compare it with, that's roughly 12 million years longer than human beings have been on the earth.
We, as a species, have spent more time gaming on Earth than the time that the human race itself has been on Earth.
READ MORE: PS5 Digital Edition vs Xbox Series S
What are the ten most played games?
That's cool and all, but what are the top ten games, and what's the breakdown like? Well, the list looks a lot like this:
- Fortnite - 10.42 million years
- World of Warcraft - 5.71 million years
- Overwatch - 1.53 million years
- Grand Theft Auto 5 - 0.73 million years
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - 0.34 million years
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - 0.27 million years
- Fallout 4 - 0.1 million years
- Assassin's Creed: Odyssey - 0.09 million years
- Rocket League - 0.04 million years
- FIFA 20 - 0.01 million years
There you have it, that's just an awful lot of gaming, but an especially large amount of Fortnite.
READ MORE: PS5 UI vs Xbox Series X UI