Halo Infinite's launch has not been without its issues. But is there anything worse than a ping problem? Probably. But that's not the point. The Halo Infinite No Ping problem is enough of an issue to merit our attention. If you've been suffering from this issue, have some help. On us. Here's what we know about the Halo Infinite no internet issue. We'll tell you what it is, and what you may be able to do in order to fix it.
How To Fix The Halo Infinite No Ping To Our Datacenters Error
As is so often the case when you are confronted with an error, one of the first things you should do is check the server status for the game. The easiest way to do this is by checking @HaloSupport on Twitter. They'll keep you updated on any service outages. If there are any issues, they'll keep you posted. Assuming a server problem, you'll need to wait until it has been resolved, before trying again. But let's work on the basis that the servers are fine. Here's what to try next.
- Step one is to restart your game.
- If that doesn't work, the next thing to do is to look at your internet connection, and make sure it is working properly. Run through the usual checks - restart your router, test another app or device to ensure the connection is working. If you are on Wi-Fi, try switching to ethernet to improve stability.
- You could also consider using a VPN, to see whether conencting to a server in a different location makes a difference.
- Some players have reported that connecting via a different Wi-Fi hotspot via your phone allows them to connect to a server. Once connected, those players are then able to reconnect to their normal Wi-Fi connection and play the game.
- If you're playing via Steam, try to verify the integrity of the game files. To do this:
- Launch Steam
- From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.
- Select the Local Files tab and click the Verify Integrity of Game Files button.
- This process may take several minutes. Once the process is completed, close the window then relaunch the game.
- Try opening port forwarding on your router to UDP 10.
At the moment, there doesn't appear to be a guaranteed fix, so you may find that trying all these steps still won't result in a fix. So keep checking for updates, as hopefully there will be a fix in the not too distant future. But what exactly is the error?
Read More: How To Get A Halo Infinite Killing Spree
What Is The Halo Infinite No Internet Error?
The no ping problem is preventing players from getting online to join multiplayer matches. For a game that is reliant on that connection to be able to play, this is a significant issue. It's a little unclear as to what exactly the issue is, given that there is no definitive solution at this point. But the suspicion is that the issue arises when Halo Infinite is trying to connect to specific ports which the router may not currently have open.
Read More: Halo Infinite Incompatible Operating System: How To Fix Halo Infinite Operating System Bug On Windows
Ultimately, whatever the underlying cause is, the net efect remains the same - players are unable to access Halo Infinite multiplayer. So try the solutions we've highlighted above, and if you're lucky, you'll be able to get back online. If not, then as we said earlier, keep looking for those updates, and hope for a fix.
For more articles like this, take a look at our Gaming and How To page.