Players have been able to enjoy Halo Infinite multiplayer for a while now, but players have been waiting patiently for the launch of the Halo Infinite campaign. And now that it has finally arrived, some players may be experiencing issues with the Halo Infinite campaign not loading. If that's been the case for you, then you might be wondering what you might be able to do about it. Luckily for you, we've put together some advice to hopefully steer you back in the right direction. Here's what you need to know.
How To Fix Halo Infinite Campaign Not Loading
If you've been trying to play Halo Infinite, and finding that the campaign mode isn't loading, there are a few different ways you may be able to try and resolve it:
- Relaunch the game. Close the game down and try relaunching it.
- Restart the device. If closing the game isn't sufficient, then try restarting the device you are playing on.
- If neither of these options works, it may be that the game hasn't installed correctly. If you are playing via Steam, try verifying the integrity of the game files:
- Restart your computer and launch Steam
- Next, either right click the game in your Library, or click the gear icon from the game's Library page on the far right
- From the drop down menu, select Properties...
- Select the Local Files tab and click the Verify integrity of game files... button
- The process will take several minutes, so be prepared to wait a little.
- If this doesn't work, or you aren't using Steam, then it might be worth uninstalling and then reinstalling the game.
- Look out for any patches. Quite often, a large patch will appear shortly after a game launch, to iron out any issues that have been quickly identified. So check to see whether there are any updates, and make sure you install them.
Read More: How To Get A Halo Infinite Killing Spree
Halo Infinite Single Player Not Loading on Xbox
Of course, these issues are not just PC related. On Xbox One and Xbox Series consoles, there are multiple causes for Halo's campaign not loading. For example, if your Xbox console hasn't properly downloaded the single player campaign, the game might not be able to launch.
This could be due to the confusion surrounding Infinite's single player release. While many expected the game to launch at midnight, the game actually has a simultaneous worldwide launch. This means that the game is launching at the same time everywhere instead of at midnight per region.
Check below to see when the campaign launches in your region:
Additionally, pre-load won't start until the campaign releases in your region. However, you can try installing the campaign from the Xbox Game App on your phone. This is unfortunately still hit and miss at the moment.
What Causes The Campaign Not Loading Issue?
There are a few reasons why the Halo Infinite campaign may not be loading. At the moment, we don't have a definitive answer. But the most common reasons for errors like this are to do with corrupted data. Whether that's an issue with the installation of the game, or a problem with some of the files being held in the cache, it can potentially lead to this issue.
So give the fixes we've outlined above a try. All being well, you'll soon be able to resume playing the campaign on Halo Infinite. Unlike multiplayer, at least the campaign doesn't depend on an internet connection, so hopefully that will remove some of the errors we've already seen on Halo Infinite, from being an issue in single-player mode.