With Gran Turismo 7 offering one of the most realistic driving simulations yet, you may be one of many desperate to experience everything it has to offer. But if you are interested in the campaign mode, you will need to be online. And that's where you may encounter the Gran Turismo 7 Server Error.
Consider us like a race director making a controversial decision at the climax of a highly competitive season of racing that results in overwhelmingly skewing the outcome in your favour. An entirely hypothetical scenario, of course, with no possible connection to any recent events in real life.
Continue reading if you want to know how to fix the Gran Turismo 7 server error and the many other connection issues.
How To Fix Connection Issues on GT 7
Luckily, there are some general troubleshooting steps that may help to alleviate your angst. Overall, we would recommend restarting the game, while also checking that all servers are running correctly.
Follow these other tips:
- Start by checking the service status of the PlayStation Network. If there are issues with the network, you'll need to sit and wait until it's resolved, before trying again. You can also keep an eye on the official @thegranturismo twitter feed, where they will provide updates on service issues.
- If the servers are working fine, then try clearing the system cache on your console. Turn it off, unplug the console from the power supply. Leave it off for a minute or so, then plug it back it in and turn it on.
- Assuming there are no issues with the network, the next step is to check your own internet connection. Test other devices or games to make sure it's working correctly. If you're on WiFi, consider trying a wired connection to improve stability. Try to minimise the number of other bandwidth-heavy apps or devices. If you are having connection trouble, try restarting the router.
- Check for any pending updates for the game or for your PlayStation, and download any that are outstanding.
- In case the issue is simply down to network congestion, it's worth leaving it for a while, and trying again at another time. This is especially true if you're trying to play at peak times.
If you've tried all of these steps, and nothing seems to be helping, we'd recommend contacting PlayStation Support for additional advice.
What Is The Gran Turismo 7 Server Error?
While the arcade mode is still available offline, that's not all the game has to offer. A Server Error will make many of the game's features plainly unavailable: Campaign Mode, the GT Cafe, the Livery Editor, to name three examples.
In terms of why you may be experiencing server problems on Gran Turismo 7, it's difficult to give an exact reason, especially with such a new game. But there are some likely candidates.
A typical reason to see issues like this across all games is simply down to the volume of traffic on the game servers. This is particularly common when a game is new. Servers tend to see a surge of traffic as everyone tries to see what all the fuss is about. When this is the root of the problem, it usually resolves itself fairly quickly, as traffic begins to stabilise, and developers work on the servers to meet demand.
Other reasons can include internet issues at the player's end, or problems with the PSN network as a whole. Once again, when these issues are resolved, you'll normally find yourself ready to buckle up, and drive off into the sunset.