If the Gotham Knights stuttering issue is ruining your gameplay, we can help!
The most unsightly one is the game's frame drop and stuttering issue. A noticeable framerate inconsistency can be observed during gameplay. Thankfully, there are some fixes to reduce stuttering.
Let's jump right into it!
How to fix Gotham Knights stuttering
If you are experiencing stuttering in Gotham Knights, then you are not alone. Many players have been complaining that the game struggles to run smoothly even if they have one of the best gaming PCs with high-end hardware.
According to many players, the game has terrible stuttering and frame drop issues, especially when grappling or riding on a bike. Luckily, we have some basic troubleshooting tips to help you fix these problems.
- First, make sure that your system software and graphics drivers are fully up to date. If you use AMD, you can check for updates here. If you are on NVIDIA, go here. And for Intel, click here.
- One user was able to reduce the stuttering greatly by adding -NOTEXTURESTREAMING to the command line.
- Try capping your frame rate at 60 FPS via your graphics card control panel and see if this makes any difference.
- Don't overclock your GPU as it results in overheating which can cause stuttering or lag in gameplay.
- Try decreasing anti-aliasing as higher levels of anti-aliasing can cause the GPU to work overtime, potentially leading to a bottleneck.
Hopefully, one of the suggestions will work for you. If not, we recommend you vote up this bug report on the Gotham Knights stuttering and lack of GPU utilization issue. When there are more votes, the bug will be given higher priority and the developers will address it more quickly.
Read more: How to fix crashing in Gotham Knights
Why is Gotham Knights stuttering?
Stuttering in games can be caused by many different things such as an overheating machine, an underpowered GPU, inadequate RAM, and CPU bottleneck. However, in the case of Gotham Knights, the poor optimization of the game seems to be the cause.
Players found that the GPU utilization is quite low even when playing at high settings. This means that the game is not able to utilize the GPU fully, and that may be the root cause of the stuttering and frame drop issues.
Some gamers reported that the framerate dropped as low as 38fps, and barely is able to hit 60fps, while the GPU still has a ton of headroom to go. You can find photo evidence of that here.
The GPU utilization issue is under investigation and we can hope that the devs will release a patch soon to make things better. For now, our tips are your best bet to reduce Gotham Knights stuttering.
For more articles like this, take a look at our Gaming page.