If you are hit by the Gotham Knights failed to join session error, we can help!
Gotham Knights by WB Games is out now and, unsurprisingly, the release is plagued with some game-breaking bugs. Among these bugs, the Gotham Knights failed to join session error is one of the most common issues that players are encountering.
In this guide, we'll go through all the steps you need to get your game up and running again.
How to fix Gotham Knights failed to join session error
Batman is dead. And it is now up to you and your friends to protect Gotham, bring hope to its citizens, discipline to its cops, and fear to its criminals.
But, before fighting the criminal underworld, you may have to wrestle with the Gotham Knights failed to join session error in order to step into the city of Gotham with your homies.
Well, worry not because you are in luck. We have seen a lot of players posting this issue on Reddit, and we’ve done our best to comb through them all to find the working fixes for you.
Follow the steps below and you will be back in the game in no time.
- Restart the game, as recommended by the devs.
- Using LogMeIn Hamachi fixed the issue for some. You create a room on the LogMeIn Hamachi desktop app, and once you are both connected to that room, the game will think you are playing through LAN (a normal invite should now work if done correctly).
- Inviting friends through Steam via "Steam Friends" in the social menu worked for some.
- As mentioned by this Reddit user, allow Gotham Knights through your firewall. Also, add the game to the safe list of your anti-virus.
- Open the following ports - TCP: 27015, 27036 UDP: 27015, 27031-27036 following the instructions here.
Hopefully, one of our suggestions will work for you. If not, we recommend you vote up this bug report here as it has already been reported by many players. This bug has been marked as "fixed" in the support forum by the developers, however, there are many players out there who are still experiencing this issue.
What is Gotham Knights failed to join session error?
Gotham Knights failed to join session error occurs when you try to join a friend or invite a friend to join your game. This can happen for many reasons, from server issues to a problem with your internet connection.
Devs confirmed that it's a server-side problem that's been fixed. As mentioned by them, just going back to the main menu and continuing or relaunching the game will resolve the issue, if you are still experiencing it.
Although devs have closed this bug as "fixed" in the support forum, many players are still persisted by the Gotham Knights failed to join session error. If you are one of them, our fixes should work, so there's nothing to worry about.
For more articles like this, take a look at our Gaming page.