Are you experiencing lag in Ghostbusters: Spirits Unleashed?
Ghostbusters: Spirits Unleashed, the latest title in the Ghostbusters franchise, is available now. Despite being a great game, it has got a few issues such as the connection error or the can't join game error.
Out of all the issues, lag in the game is the most annoying one. So in this article, we are going to list down the best ways to fix lag in Ghostbusters: Spirits Unleashed.
How to fix Ghostbusters: Spirits Unleashed lag
Lag and latency issues are usually the result of slow internet speeds, a weak wireless signal, a large amount of wireless interference, or slow response times from network devices. If you are experiencing latency issues while playing online, we recommend you do the following.
- Use a wired internet connection. Generally, Ethernet cables offer a more stable internet connection than WiFi, which may reduce lag spikes.
- If a wired connection isn't an option, try to move your console closer to the Wi-Fi router for an improved connection. Also, move any metal objects or electronic devices away from your system and wireless router as they may interfere with wireless signals.
- Shut down other programs that access the internet to reduce traffic in the network.
- Restart your modem or router to make sure your network device hasn't become flooded with data.
Now that you've made sure your internet connection is working perfectly, there are some further troubleshooting steps you can try to eradicate or at least reduce lag in Ghostbusters: Spirits Unleashed lag.
Other steps to try
The absolute first step to take to fix lag in Ghostbusters: Spirits Unleashed is to make sure that your computer meets the system requirements for the game. You will experience lag issues if your system is not capable of handling the demands of the game. But assuming your hardware does meet these specs, here's what to try:
- Make sure that your graphics drivers are fully up to date. You can quickly check for any updates - if you have an Intel-based system, go here. If you are on AMD, go here, and for NVIDIA, go here.
- Try to cap the FPS at 60, and see if this makes a difference. You can do this by accessing your graphics card control panel.
- If your Vsync is switched on, try turning it off, and vice versa if it's currently switched off.
- If your computer has an SSD and an HDD, consider installing Ghostbusters: Spirits Unleashed on the SSD, as these are faster than HDDs.
- Close any apps or background processes that you don't need, as these will divert resources from your game.
- Finally, try giving Ghostbusters: Spirits Unleashed High Priority via Task Manager. This means more of the processing power will be devoted to it.
If you've made it this far, hopefully, the Ghostbusters: Spirits Unleashed lag issue should be behind you. In case you still find yourself having issues, we recommend reaching out to illfonic for further assistance. They will do their best to provide additional advice, should you need it.