If you are encountering a connection error in Ghostbusters: Spirits Unleashed, we can help!
Ghostbusters: Spirits Unleashed is the latest title in the Ghostbusters media franchise, and it’s finally out. However, like all games, it comes with a few bugs and glitches, and one of them is the connection error, which was also an issue in the new PGA Tour 2K23.
In this article, we will explain how to fix the Ghostbusters: Spirits Unleashed connection error, so you can get into the ghostbusting business.
How to fix Ghostbusters: Spirits Unleashed connection error
Although you can play the game offline, it is more fun playing with friends online. But the Ghostbusters: Spirits Unleashed connection error can stand in the way of your fun. As such, you are unable to bust ghosts with your friends.
Well, that's a pretty frustrating problem, isn't it? Not anymore. Our quick and easy steps will solve this issue within seconds. Follow the troubleshooting steps below and you'll be able to play the game without any hiccups.
- First, check the Ghostbusters: Spirits Unleashed server status. Xbox users can go here and PlayStation users can visit this page. If you are on PC, visit Ghostbusters: Spirits Unleashed's Twitter account to see if they have reported any ongoing server issues. If the servers are down, you need to wait until they are up and running.
- If the game servers are working as they should, your connection might be the problem. Try the following tips to improve your connection to the game servers.
- PC users can try disabling their antivirus and firewall and see if it makes any difference. Meanwhile, console gamers can do a power cycle.
- Shut down other programs that access the internet to reduce traffic in the network.
- Restart your modem or router to make sure your network device hasn't become flooded with data.
- Release and renew your IP and flush your DNS to resolve any network conflicts.
- Try changing your DNS server to Google’s (184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11) or Cloudflare (18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124).
- If possible, switch to a wired connection as it offers more stability.
- Since it is a new game, it is likely that the sheer number of players trying to access the servers simultaneously is causing the issue. If that's the case, you can try to connect during non-peak hours.
Hopefully, one of the suggestions above will help you to resolve your connection issues. If not, you may want to contact the support team at illfonic. They will be able to help you to fix the issue. But, in most cases, our fixes will fix the issue.
What is Ghostbusters: Spirits Unleashed connection error?
Ghostbusters: Spirits Unleashed is an outstanding game that combines the beloved characters from the Ghostbusters films with new gameplay mechanics. However, after its release, many players found out that the connection to servers was spotty at best.
The players are unable to connect with the game servers at times, making it impossible to play online. The connection error is caused by a number of things such as server outage, server overload, a problem with your internet connection and firewall/anti-virus blocking the connection.
The steps we've outlined above are your best bet for getting the game back up and running. But, if you still are having problems connecting after trying out all the tips, you should not hesitate to contact the support team.