Looking for ways to fix the Ghostbusters: Spirits Unleashed can't join game error? We have got you covered!
Ghostbusters: Spirits Unleashed is out now, and unsurprisingly, the game is plagued with some game-breaking bugs. Among these bugs, the Ghostbusters: Spirits Unleashed can't join game error is one of the most common issues that gamers are encountering.
In this guide, we'll go through all the steps you need to get your game up and running again, so you can hunt down ghosts with your buddies.
How to fix Ghostbusters: Spirits Unleashed can't join game error
The Ghostbusters are back, and finally, you can play the game with your friends. However, you may find yourself unable to play the game with your homies because the can't join game error is preventing you from doing so.
What do you do now? Well, worry not because you are in luck. Here are some tips and tricks that will help you solve this problem in a jiffy.
- First, check the Ghostbusters: Spirits Unleashed server status. Xbox users can go here and PlayStation users can visit this page. If you are on PC, visit to Ghostbusters: Spirits Unleashed's Twitter account to see if they have reported any ongoing server issues. If the servers are down, you need to wait until they are up and running.
- If the game servers are working as they should, your connection might be the problem. Try the following tips to improve your connection to the game servers.
- PC users can try disabling their antivirus and firewall and see if it makes any difference. Meanwhile, console gamers can do a power cycle.
- Shut down other programs that access the internet to reduce traffic in the network.
- Restart your modem or router to make sure your network device hasn't become flooded with data.
- Try changing your DNS server to Google’s (22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199) or Cloudflare (188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206).
- Since it is a new game, it is likely that the sheer number of players trying to access the servers simultaneously is causing the issue. If that's the case, you can try to connect during non-peak hours.
Hopefully, one of the suggestions above will help you to resolve your connection issues. If not, a bug in the game code might be causing the issue. If that's the case, you should contact the support team at illfonic as they are the only ones who can help you with that issue.
What is Ghostbusters: Spirits Unleashed can't join game error?
The can't join game error happens when players are unable to join the game with their friends, making it impossible to play online. The error is caused by a number of things such as a server outage, server overload, a problem with your internet connection or a bug in the game.
At the time of writing, it's unclear what exactly is causing the issue. This isn't something that has been addressed yet by the devs, so we can't really tell you what is the root cause.
The steps we've outlined above are your best bet for getting back up and running, at least until the underlying cause (if there is one) is identified and resolved by the game developers.
For more articles like this, take a look at our Gaming page.