You may have recently stumbled across Genshin Impact Error 0x7e, and found yourself wondering what to do about it. While Genshin has continued to go from strength to strength since its launch a couple of years back, it still spews up more than its fair share of errors.
Error 0x7e is a particularly interesting one, as it has been around for years. But you didn't come here for a history lesson, and we aren't Mr Martin from fifth grade with his elbow patches and his curious opinions on the Tudors. You came here for answers. And that's exactly what we're going to give you. Read on, to find out all you need to know about Genshin Imapct error 0x7e.
How To Fix Error Code 0x7e
Finding a solution for error code 0x7e is complicated by the fact that this error code also appears on Windows even when you aren't playing Genshin Impact. As a result, narrowing down fixes that are relevant to the game is a little harder. That being said, here are the most effective solutions we've been able to track down:
- Reinstall the Media Feature Pack on Windows. To do this, go to Settings > Apps > Apps and Features > Optional Features > Add a Feature. Look for the Media Feature Pack, which will be listed under Optional Features. You'll need to restart your computer to enable this to take effect.
- Check to see if the MiHoYo launcher is disabled. If it has been disabled, reenable it.
- If you are playing through Epic Games, try reinstalling the Epic Games launcher.
- Verify the integrity of the game files. Often, this is done automatically. If not, go to Settings > Game resources > Repair Game files > Repair now. Then restart the game and see if this resolves the problem.
- Make sure your firewall isn't blocking the game.
If you try all these solutions and still get this error, then you can try contacting the MiHoYo customer service team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, throw yourself on the collective wisdom of the community at hoyolab.
What Is Genshin Impact Error 0x7e?
While it might sound a bit like a code for some sort of chemical that belongs in a high-security biolab, 0x7e is an error that has been around for years. The full error message that players have been receiving is usually along the lines of:
Plugins: Failed to load 'C:/Genshin Impact?Genshin Impact Game/GenshinImpact_Data_Plugins/cri_ware_unity_dll' with error 'ox7e'.
The error seems to arise most frequently during cutscenes, although occasionally it's hitting players as they try to begin the game. While this may not interfere directly with the gameplay, it does mean that important narrative segments may be missed. And for many, this is a crucial element of enjoying the game.
While we can't say for certain, it is possible that this error is linked to updates for the game. It does seem to become more prevalent in the aftermath of a new patch. The solutions we outlined earlier are your best bet for resolving this issue. And hopefully, you won't miss any further key plot points.