The global popularity of Genshin Impact is undoubted, alongside the undoubted frustration that is caused when it crashes. Crashes are unfortunately, all too common on Genshin. Genshin Impact crashing makes us all very unhappy. Fortunately though, there are steps that players can take when this happens, in an effort to get back into Teyvat, and continue on their journeys.
With the impending arrival of version 2.1, complete with a new fishing system, let's get you ready to explore the Floating World Under the Moonlight, with as little inconvenience as possible. Time to dive in.
How to fix Genshin Impact Crashing
There are several steps you can take to either stop, or at least reduce, the crashes you experience on Genshin. We recommend trying the following:
- First of all, check that your computer meets the minimum specifications for the game. You can check these out here. If you don't meet the minimum specs, your hardware is inevitably going to struggle to cope with the job it's being asked to do. And with future updates, the problem is only likely to become more pronounced. There isn't a whole lot you can do, other than upgrade your hardware.
- Another step to take is to make sure you have completed all your updates, to keep your OS running as smoothly as possible.
- A fix that works for a variety of Genshin errors, is to run the game with administrator privileges. This basically gives the game all the permissions it needs to run properly. In order to do this:
- Open your Genshin Impact game folder.
- Right-click GenshinImpact.exe and select Properties.
- In the Compatibility Tab, check the box which says Run this program as an administrator, and click OK.
Check your graphics
As well as the above, a number of possible remedies are heavily graphics orientated:
- To make sure your computer is in optimal condition to run Genshin, it's important to keep your Graphics Drivers fully updated. An out of date graphics driver can lead to compatibility issues, especially as games receive regular updates. You can simply go the website of your graphics card manufacturer, and search for and download the latest drivers. For NVIDIA go here, AMD go here and Intel, go here.
- Slightly linked to the previous point, the higher your graphics resolution is set to, the greater the demand it places on your system. So for some people, lowering the resolution of the game graphics can help it to run with fewer problems. You can access the graphics settings from within the game, by pressing Esc and then clicking on the gear icon.
- A final, drastic option, is to consider uninstalling and reinstalling the game, in case of corrupt game files.
Hopefully these tips will dramatically improve your Genshin experience. If you continue to struggle, you may want to contact MiHoYo Customer Support for further advice.
What might be behind a Genshin Impact crash?
As you have probably surmised by now, there are a wide variety of reasons why Genshin might crash. But the most common are as follows:
- Hardware that doesn't meet the minimum system requirements for the game.
- Outdated graphics drivers
- Corrupted game data
- Incompatible display settings
Game crashes are hugely irritating, and sometimes, unfortunately cannot be avoided. But with the suggestions we've been made, at least you'll know you've done everything you can to mitigate the problem.