Today, we're talking all about a FIFA 22 Download Error. It isn't perhaps completely surprising, given that the game needs around 50GB of available space, that it might take some time to download. But when it's going really slowly, or seems to be stuck? If you'll pardon the pun, that's a whole different ball game.
If this particular issue seems to be effecting you, is there anything you Can actually do about it? Or will you still be waiting for the download to finish by the time FIFA 23 comes around? Here's everything we know, about fixing the FIFA 22 Download Error.
How To Fix FIFA 22 Slow Download Or Not Downloading Issues
If you are suffering from the FIFA 22 Download Error, the first thing you need to do, is make certain that you actually have sufficient free space to download the game. As we mentioned above, the game comes in at around the 50GB mark. If you don't have enough space, that could be one reason why your game isn't downloading. So make some room, then try again.
The next thing to look at is internet connectivity problems. Start by making sure it isn't a server-related issue. If the servers are down, you can be pretty confident this is part of the issue. But if the servers are working, then it's time to look closer to home. There are several steps you can take at this stage:
- Make sure your internet connection is working properly. Run a speed test to see whether you are getting the speeds you expect.
- If you're on WiFi, try switching to a wired connection, if at all possible. These tend to be more stable.
- Make sure you close any other apps or devices that may be hogging bandwidth.
- Also take a look at your port settings, and change them if necessary.
- Finally, make sure that Origin is on the safe list for your Firewall and Antivirus.
Assuming these steps haven't helped, you can also try:
- Pausing and resuming the download.
- Make sure you are logged in on the correct account.
- Avoid trying to download the game at peak times.
- Check in case you have any pending software updates for your PC our console.
What might cause the FIFA 22 Download Error?
As you've probably figured out from the above, there are several reasons why the FIFA 22 Download Error might be effecting you:
- Server-related problems
- Local network issues
- You've signed in to the wrong account
- Your hard drive doesn't have enough space
- You need to perform a software update
These are by far the most common reasons for a slow download. It isn't even a new problem, as we saw similar issues with FIFA 21 last year. So try these troubleshooting tips, and hopefully you'll be playing FIFA 22 faster than Steve Bruce can run in the game. Which is pretty damned fast.