The Escape From Tarkov closed Beta has been running now since July 2017. Despite the developers releasing patches regularly, there are still plenty of errors, such as theEscape From Tarkov won't launch error. If you find yourself trying to access the game, but are having no joy, what can you do? We'll take you through a few potential solutions to this problem. You'll soon be back roaming the streets.
How to Fix Escape From Tarkov Won't Launch Error
If you have been finding yourself unable to access the game, there are a range of potential fixes for you to try:
- Start by checking the official Twitter feed @bstategames in case of any server issues. If there is a reported issue, wait until it is resolved before trying again.
- Assuming there are no server problems, try running the game as an administrator. Right-click on the launcher shortcut. This will open a menu. Click on Run as administrator. Try relaunching the game. If this method doesn't work, you can also navigate to the excapefromtarkov.exe file, right-click and select Run as administrator.
- Check the integrity of the game files. Run the game launcher, and click on your username in the top right-hand corner. Select Integrity Check and wait for the game to fix any corrupted files.
- Make sure the game is on your firewall and antivirus safe list, in case these are interfering with the game.
- Check for any system or software updates. If there are any pending updates, install them, and see whether this resolves the issue.
- Rest the game launcher to its default settings. To do this, you need to delete the local.ini and shared.ini files by following these steps:
- Go to your Documents folder
- Open the Escape From Tarkov folder
- Delete the local.ini and shared.ini files
- If you overclock your GPU, not only can this cause issues with the running of a game, but it can also damage your hardware. So revert back to your normal system speeds.
- If none of the above steps seems to work, then the final option is to consider uninstalling and reinstalling the game. It's a last roll of the dice, but if you are really strugglnig to access the game, it's worth a try.
If even the nuclear option doesn't work, then try reaching out to the game developers for further assistance. You can contact them on Twitter, as we mentioned above. And you can also contact them through their website. But do we know anything about the underlying cause of the issue?
What Is This Error?
Unfortunately, the wide variety of potential solutions for this bug suggest that there isn't necessarily a singular cause for it. Some players have reported that the game was working fine, and then the next time they tried to launch the game, the issue suddenly appeared.
It's perhaps inevitable that a game that is still in Beta testing will have errors and other technical issues. That's almost the point of a Beta period. Given the game has been in this testing period for several years, you'd hope that they are getting closer to a finished product. In the meantime though, these fixes will help overcome this particular problem on Escape From Tarkov.