If you've forgotten your password, or you've forgotten the email address you used when you signed up, then you may need to make use of the Epic Games account recovery options.
And it's good news that you have options. You haven't necessarily lost all the games and content you've previously purchased. Ideally, you know the email address that the account is linked to, and all you'll need to do is reset your password.
But just in case, as well as telling you how to reset your password, we'll also let you know what to do if you need to change your email address on your Epic Games account.
How To Recover Your Epic Games Account
If you need to recover your Epic Games account, the likelihood is that one of two things has happened: either you've forgotten your password, or you no longer have access to the email address that's linked to your account. Or, in a particularly disastrous sequence of events, both.
There are ways of fixing this situation, however. So spare yourself as much pain as possible, and follow the steps we're about to outline.
Read More: How To Fix Fall Guys Epic Games Account Error On Steam And PS4
How To Reset Your Password
We'll hope for the sake of ease and simplicity that you haven't changed your email address. This will make life much, much simpler, as all you'll need to do is reset your password.
To do this:
- Go to the Epic Games launcher or the Epic Games website and click on Sign In. This is in the top right corner.
- On the CHOOSE HOW TO SIGN IN TO YOUR EPIC ACCOUNT pop-up, select Sign In With Epic Games.
- Click on Forgot Your Password.
- On the next pop-up, enter your email address, and click on Send Email.
- You will receive an email with a Reset Password link. Click on this. Remember to check your junk folder if you can't see it in your inbox. And obviously, make sure it's the correct email address that is linked to your Epic Games account.
- A new page will open, asking you to enter and reenter a new password. This needs to have more than seven characters, with at least one number and one letter, and no spaces.
- Click Reset Password.
Once you've done this, your password will be updated, and you will be able to sign in to your Epic Games account.
So far, so simple. But what happens if you can no longer access the email address that's linked to your Epic Games account?
Read More: How To Fix Fortnite Game Chat And Voice Chat If Your Mic Is Not Working In Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 2
How To Change The Email On Your Epic Games Account
We're hoping you don't need to read this section, because it is, unfortunately, a little harder to resolve this situation. But it isn't impossible. You'll need to submit a support ticket to Epic Games, for them to verify your details and manually update your email address.
If this is the situation in which you find yourself, follow these steps:
- Click on this link to go to the relevant Epic Games support page.
- Here, you'll be asked to enter your old email address, followed by your new one.
- You'll also be asked to provide other information to enable Epic Games to verify your account. This includes things like your IPv4 address, information regarding purchases, and any connected accounts. The more information you can provide, the faster they will be able to provide help.
If Epic Games are satisfied that the account really is yours, then they will be able to amend your account details, enabling you to access your account using your new email address.
Unsurprisingly, this takes longer than a simple password reset. But if your email address is long since lost, this may be your only option if you don't want to lose access to any purchases you might have made.
If, however, they are unable to successfully verify your identity, then you may struggle to get back into that account. In which case, be prepared to create a new account.