Dying Light 2 is the much-anticipated sequel to 2015's Dying Light. After months of delays trying not to be the next Cyberpunk 2077, Techland has squashed several bugs. However, some players are still suffering from a Dying Light 2 Installation Error.
It's a bit like getting your most-wanted present, only to open the box and discover it was another badly knitted jumper from your Aunt who you don't really like - disappointing, to say the least. So we've put together this guide, to help you understand what the installation error is, and what you might be able to do to resolve it. No more raging. It's time to get this sorted so you can go kill stuff.
How To Fix Dying Light 2 Installation Error
There are a few different suggested fixes that are worth trying, should you be suffering from the installation error:
- We're borrowing this remedy from the original Dying Light, which had an installation error of its own. But for some reason, downloading another game at the same time seems to have made a difference. So it's worth trying, particularly if you are on a console.
- Secondly, if you are on console and have an external hard drive, try uninstalling the game from that hard drive. Next, disconnect said hard drive, and try installing the game to the built-in hard drive.
- Another potential fix for consoles is to try a hard reset. So power down the console, unplug it from the mains supply for a few minutes, and plug it back in. This clears the console cache, and may help resolve this issue.
- If you are on PC, it doesn't hurt to restart your computer before trying again.
- It's also possible that an error has occurred during the installation process. So try uninstalling the game, and reinstalling it again from scratch.
If you are still struggling after trying these suggestions, then reach out to the game developer for further advice and assistance. You can find them on Twitter @DyingLightGame or you can visit the Techland support pages.
What Is The Installation Error?
As the name of the error suggests, the Dying Light 2 Installation Error is affecting players during the installation process. And because it isn't completing the install, it means that players are unable to enjoy the game they have been waiting for so patiently.
It's uncertain at this stage exactly what the underlying cause is for this issue. It's possible that there are coding issues that will be remedied by a post-release patch, so make sure that you keep checking for those.
Hopefully, in most cases, the solutions we've suggested will be enough to resolve the problem. And beyond that, we can be optimistic that if there are problems, the developers will be working hard to resolve them as quickly as possible.