If you are experiencing the Bonelab stuck on loading screen error, you aren't the first, and you almost certainly won't be the last. And while that may provide a few measly crumbs of comfort, that knowledge alone won't actually resolve the problem.
Luckily, that's what we're here for. We say luckily. But luck has nothing to do with it. As Tina Turner never said. Anyway, here's everything you need to know about this error, and how to fix it. No more loading screen errors for you.
How to fix the stuck on loading screen issue on Bonelab
There are several potential remedies for the loading screen error. But before we get into them in earnest, we'd advise you to check that your PC meets the minimum system requirements for the game.
It's something we do suggest regularly when it comes to troubleshooting. If you're trying to play a game that your computer can't cope with, you can expect to run into a host of problems.
Assuming your computer is up to the job, then here's what to try next.
Steps To Try
- Start by checking for updates. And this could be system updates, Bonelab updates, or driver updates. If you have an AMD graphics card, check here. For Intel, go here and for GeForce, go here. If there are any outstanding updates, install them, and restart your computer.
- Close any background tasks that may be diverting resources from Bonelab.
- If you have any overlay apps, such as Discord for example, then try disabling these to see if they are interfering with Bonelab.
- Next, try to verify the integrity of the game files, in case something has become corrupted or files are missing. To do this:
- Launch Steam.
- Then you can either right-click the game in your Library, or click the gear icon from the game's Library page on the far right.
- From the dropdown menu, select Properties...
- Select the Local Files tab and click on Verify integrity of game files...
- Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes, so be prepared to wait while it does its work.
- If all else fails, you can try uninstalling and then reinstalling Bonelab.
If you've tried all these steps and are still experiencing the loading screen error, then we'd suggest now is probably the time to reach out to Stress Level Zero for support. You can find them on Twitter @StressLevelZero or on Discord.
What is the Bonelab stuck on loading screen error?
It's perhaps fairly self-explanatory, but the Bonelab loading screen error sees the game get stuck on the loading screen, with players unable to then enter the game and start playing.
It's a little unclear at this stage exactly what's causing it, and the long list of potential fixes that we've provided would suggest that there may not be one specific cause behind it.
Errors are an inevitable part of gaming, and while they can be immensely frustrating, we can hope that Stress Level Zero will quickly provide updates for any major issues that they identify. In the meantime, our solutions are your best chance of getting past the loading screen.
Once you're back in the game, you might want to start experimenting with mods. Check out our guide to the best Bonelab mods, to see some of our favourites.