If you are searching for a way to make your PlayStation internet connection fast and stable, here is a list of the best DNS servers for PS5 and PS4.
A lot of people are wondering about how to increase their slow download speed. The most popular method is by changing your DNS settings. Furthermore, changing the DNS settings may fix the DNS error in PS5, error code NW-31253-4 in PS4 and the not connecting to the internet problem.
There are several DNS servers available, but which one should you choose? Today, we will look at some of the best DNS servers for PS4 and PS5.
Best DNS Servers For PS5 And PS4
The best DNS servers focus on providing fast and accurate results. In addition to that, some DNS servers will also be able to provide you with some other features such as malware protection, caching, port forwarding, and more.
The following is a list of the best DNS servers for PS4 and PS5.
Primary DNS: 22.214.171.124
Secondary DNS: 126.96.36.199
Features: Impressive speed, offers a high level of privacy and has optional content filtering for malware and adult content blocking features.
Primary DNS: 188.8.131.52
Secondary DNS: 184.108.40.206
Features: Free, definitely solid when it comes to privacy and offers a commendable level of transparency.
Primary DNS: 220.127.116.11
Secondary DNS: 18.104.22.168
Features: Fast, private and offers malware protection and other web filtering features.
How To Change DNS Settings On PS5 and PS4
Now that you know which DNS server to use, the next thing you need to do is to configure it. In order to change your DNS settings on PS5, you will need to follow the steps below.
- Go to Settings > Network.
- Once you're on the Network page, select Settings from the left bar.
- Then select Set Up Internet Connection. This will bring up a list of networks.
- Now, navigate to the network that you're using and then select it.
- From the menu, select Advanced Settings. This will display the advanced settings for that network.
- Select DNS Settings and set it to Manual. Once you enable manual settings, two new fields will appear labelled Primary DNS and Secondary DNS.
- Select Primary DNS and enter the primary DNS of your desired DNS server.
- Similarly, enter the secondary DNS as well.
- Click OK and wait for your PS5 to conduct a network test.
That's it! Enjoy a fast and secure internet connection on your PS5. Hope it helps.
What is DNS?
DNS stands for Domain Name System, which is a system used to translate domain names (such as www.playstation.com) into IP addresses (such as 192.0.2.1) that computers use to identify each other on a network.
By default, the PlayStation will automatically obtain its DNS settings from the internet service provider (ISP), but users can choose to manually set the DNS server address to a specific value to potentially improve network performance or to bypass ISP restrictions.
For more articles like this, take a look at our Gaming page.