If you are searching for a way to make your PlayStation internet connection fast and stable, here is a list of the best DNS servers for PS5 andPS4.
As more people switch over to the PS5 from the PS4, a lot of people are wondering about how to increase their slow PS5 download speed. The most popular method is by changing your DNS settings. Simply put, DNS is a protocol used to translate a human-friendly domain name (such as Google.com) into its respective IP address (18.104.22.168).
Changing DNS servers can speed up the amount of time it takes to load webpages. Furthermore, changing the DNS settings may fix the DNS error in PS5 as well as the PS5 not connecting to the internet problem. There are several DNS servers available, but which one should you choose? Today, we will look at some of the best DNS servers for PS4 and PS5.
Best DNS Servers For PS5 And PS4
The best DNS servers focus on providing fast and accurate results. In addition to that, some DNS servers will also be able to provide you with some other features such as malware protection, caching, port forwarding, and more. The following is a list of the best DNS servers for PS4 and PS5.
Primary DNS: 22.214.171.124
Secondary DNS: 126.96.36.199
Features: Impressive speed, offers a high level of privacy and has optional content filtering for malware and adult content blocking features.
Primary DNS: 188.8.131.52
Secondary DNS: 184.108.40.206
Features: Free, definitely solid when it comes to privacy and offers a commendable level of transparency.
Primary DNS: 220.127.116.11
Secondary DNS: 18.104.22.168
Features: Fast, private and offers malware protection and other web filtering features.
How To Change DNS Settings On PS5
Now that you know which DNS server to use, the next thing you need to do is to configure it. In order to change your DNS settings on PS5, you will need to follow the steps below.
- Go to Settings > Network.
- Once you're on the Network page, select Settings from the left bar.
- Then select Set Up Internet Connection. This will bring up a list of networks.
- Now, navigate to the network that you're using and then select it.
- From the menu, select Advanced Settings. This will display the advanced settings for that network.
- Select DNS Settings and set it to Manual. Once you enable manual settings, two new fields will appear labelled Primary DNS and Secondary DNS.
- Select Primary DNS and enter the primary DNS of your desired DNS server.
- Similarly, enter the secondary DNS as well.
- Click OK and wait for your PS5 to conduct a network test.
That's it! Enjoy a fast and secure internet connection on your PS5. Hope it helps.