The latest Baldur's Gate 3 update is here, and it brings with it some fascinating insights into the ways in which people are playing the early access portion of the game.
While we're still in the dark about the Baldur's Gate 3 full release date, players have had plenty of chew over in Act One of the game, which has been available on Stadia and PC for a couple of weeks now.
READ MORE:Best PC games for lockdown: 7 titles that will get you through 2020
You can keep on reading to learn all about this latest Baldur's Gate 3 update, and what exactly we've learned from it...
Baldur's Gate 3 Update reveals fan-favourite romance options and more fun facts
The official patch notes for the latest Baldur's Gate 3 update tell us that Gale is the most romanced companion, with 33% of players choosing to romance him.
Second in the romance leaderboard is Shadowheart, whom 31% of players romanced with. Also, as an interesting fact, 1.37% of players chose to sleep alone.
And if it's canine stats that you're after, how's this one: the dog in Baldur's Gate 3 has been petted 400k times. It's what a good boy deserves, after all.
READ MORE:How to connect PS5 controller to PC
What has actually changed in the big Baldur's Gate 3 update?
The official patch notes include this list of improvements, all of which were made in the big update:
- Optimized overall sound settings to improve performance on lower spec machines
- Added polish to several in-game cinematics
- Attack of Opportunity indicator is now correctly hidden for invisible enemies
- Improved timing of some tutorial messages
- Improved usability of skill selection in character creation
- Added new tutorial messages related to combat
- Listening to other players’ dialogs now correctly shows the other players’ dice rolls
- The reason for a waypoint being unavailable is now displayed on the map
- Party members now correctly cancel their spell prepare state when switching to another character
READ MORE: PS5 vs Xbox Series X sales: How many PS5 consoles have been sold, and it is more or less than Xbox sold?
Which bugs have been fixed in the Baldur's Gate 3 update?
- Fixed a crash on startup for specific driver and hardware combinations
- Fixed a crash related to trading with Zevlor after the raid on the grove
- Fixed a crash in dialogs related to dynamically adding items
- Fixed a crash in combat AI
- Fixed a potential crash with moving platforms
- Fixed a crash related to loading savegames while in a dialogue
- Fixed a crash when destroying multiple familiars with a single spell
- Fixed a crash related to unloading resources (when loading a save or returning to main menu)
- Fixed a blocking issue when someone would join during level transition
- Fixed a blocking issue when starting a dialog just as someone leaves the game
- Fixed not being able to save anymore on the host when another player is stuck in “in dialog” state
- Fixed players getting stuck in the same dialog inside the camp after choosing to fight Minthara
- Fixed characters being stuck in animation if downed during precast spell
- Fixed characters not being at the correct position after loading
- Fixed not being able to talk to party members after talking with gale and summoning the weave
- Fixed not being able to use some spell scrolls when out of spell slots
- Fixed a rare issue for players that don’t have a profile on startup, requiring selection or a profile or creation of a new one
- Fixed quest markers not showing up correctly when multiple markers point at the same object or location
- Fixed the tieflings’ celebrations not proceeding correctly if the player had already done a long rest right before
- Fixed the physics of the door on the Nautiloid reappearing after saving and loading
- Fixed Ethel not triggering her ambush if she leaves her home during combat
- Fixed several minor bugs related to in-game cinematics
- Fixed zone spells not targeting invisible characters
- Fixed summons from items not having an owner, causing them not to join combat
- Fixed the goblins not using the war drum correctly
- Fixed issues with lockpick progress going out of sync
- Fixed savegame screenshots being too dark
- Fixed spell sounds not playing correctly in multiplayer
- Fixed a long black screen being displayed if a dialog was started just as another player was joining
- Fixed Zevlor initiating dialog during combat
- Fixed audio settings not resetting when switching profile
- Fixed not being able to correctly switch character in trade window
- Fixed not being able to click through scenery you can see through, improving navigation
- Fixed the Gith becoming hostile incorrectly if Lae’zel was never recruited
- Fixed additional reroll when using an inspiration point
- Fixed inspiration points not being able to go up after using an inspiration point or gaining another one
- Fixed an issue with the hidden vault entrance closing again after the puzzles are already solved
- Fixed marking an item as a ware not getting set correctly
- Fixed being able to select summons in the trade window
- Fixed Zariel Tiefling clerics not being able to level up to level 4
- Fixed character creation color tooltips
- Fixed characters sometimes falling off moving platforms
- Fixed several animation issues with torches
- Fixed being able to select invalid targets for Misty Step skill
- Fixed not being able to see other players’ hidden summons at all
- Fixed party members being rearranged when detaching and reattaching characters to the group
- Fixed certain equipment still generating sound after unequipping
- Fixed several texture and skinning issues
- Fixed several minor localization issues
- Fixed minor issues with the action log
And for Mac users, the "automatic crash reporter" is now enabled. And that's your lot, basically - it was pretty meaty update!
READ MORE: All the latest Xbox news!
What will be changed in the next Baldur's Gate 3 update?
With Larian Studios releasing Community Updates pretty regularly (releasing three updates in October), we don't expect to be waiting too long for the Community Update 11.
One complaint many fans seem to be making concerns the 5E rules that create a high amount of RNG in Baldur's Gate 3. The D20 dice is used in dialogue and stealth missions rather than simply just combat, frustrating players who keep suffering from unfavourable outcomes.
In an interview withIGN, Larian Studios' founder, Swen Vincke acknowledged these frustrations. "“We see the people that have really bad luck, and they are really, really angry over it. So, we're going to help them," he said. "We're going to add modes to the game that are going to go with things like a loaded die, and that's going to be a bit more manageable."
"We'll experiment with that throughout early access, and see what we should make the default option. That's one of the things that will be driven by the analytics.”
As with most updates to games, we can also expect to see various minor fixes to bugs and glitches reported since the previous update, but we'll have to wait to see what Larian Studios decide to implement in the next Community Update.
READ MORE: Baldur’s Gate 3 romance options: How many romanceable characters are there in the early access game?