Baldur's Gate 3 is an excellent RPG already, and it's been getting better and better ever since it entered Early Access a little while ago. However, because it's Early Access, it's going to keep getting updates both small and large.
After translating feedback from fans into tangible gameplay adjustments, the latest patch notes are finally here, and there's a lot to digest.
It's also worth noting that the upcoming patch will render all previous save files useless, so that's fun.
If you want to know more about Baldur's Gate 3 latest update, then here's what you need to know.
When will Baldur's Gate 3 patch 3 come out?
Following the release of its patch notes on December 4, Baldur's Gate 3's latest update, also known as Community Update 11- Inspiration, Freedom & Pacifism, is now available!
This comes after its announcement late in November.
READ MORE: How to cure diseases in Baldur’s Gate 3
What will be in Baldur's Gate 3 patch 3?
The latest update is a whopper. You can view the whole list of changes from here, but we've handily summarised the Community Update 11 down below.
- New rewards for avoiding combat situations, rewarding creative solutions and pacifist runs.
- Companions will now be more tolerant and less negative.
- Dialogue skill checks have been rebalanced to stop dice from locking you out of content.
- Your party will now automatically jump across gaps to follow you.
- Following a long rest, you now get two short rests instead of one.
- Rebalancing spells to make them more meaningful, and reducing surfaces to avoid as many accidents.
- UI now shows inspiration points.
- Cross-save between Steam, Stadia, Mac and GoG.
- Various other improvements, balancing, performance and stability changes.
You can also watch the Community Update 11 video here:
It's also worth noting that this is going to null your saves, so you'll want to stick to the old version if you want to keep your current save or just disable the updates.
The good news is that the Larian announcement explains how to do both of those things, so we recommend just reading that and following the steps for whichever version you prefer.
READ MORE: Everything you can craft in Baldur’s Gate 3