The Back 4 Blood Easy Anti-Cheat Error has been causing problems for players as they try to experience the zombie-shooter. Except they aren't zombies. They're The Ridden. Which would also be a good name for zombie horses. In this article, we'll let you know what the Easy Anti-Cheat Error is. And most importantly, what you might be able to do about it. Those Ridden aren't going to die by themselves after all.
How To Fix Back 4 Blood Easy Anti-Cheat Error
As with so many games when they launch, errors are alost impossible to avoid. And Back 4 Blood is by no means the first game to suffer from Easy Anti-Cheat issues. The developers of Back 4 Blood are yet to provide a definitive fix, but there are some general tips that might help:
- Start by trying to reinstall Easy Anti-Cheat. To do this:
- Open Back 4 Blood in your Steam library
- Go to Settings > Manage > Browse Local Files
- Open the AntiCheat folder
- Run the EasyAntiCheat_Setup executable file
- Press Repair
- Your next step is to verify the integrity of the game files:
- Load Steam
- From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu
- Select the Local files tab and click Verify integrity of game files…
- You'll need to wait for a few minutes for this process to complete
Other Steps To Try
There are a few other suggestions that are worth trying as well, should the above fail to fix the Back 4 Blood Easy Anti-Cheat Error.
- See if you have a program called Webroot Antivirus installed. This software is apparently not compatible with Easy Anti-Cheat, so in order to run the game, this would need to be uninstalled.
- As a general principle with Antivirus and Firewalls, they can often block anti-cheat software. So make certain that Easy Anti-Cheat is added to the safe list of your Antivirus and/or Firewall.
- Make sure all your drivers are fully updated.
- You could also try to grant Back 4 Blood administrator privileges. To do this:
- Right click the game in your Steam Library.
- Go to Properties then the Local Files tab.
- Click Browse Local Files.
- Locate the game executable (the application).
- Right click it and go to Properties.
- Click the Compatibility tab.
- Check the Run this program as an administrator box.
- Click Apply.
- A final potential fix that has been floated online, is to have the Epic Games launcher running in the background, before launching Back 4 Blood. We don't know how effective this is, but it's worth a try if all else fails.
What Is The Back 4 Blood Easy Anti-Cheat Error?
The Back 4 Blood Easy Anti-Cheat Error appears when players are trying to create a multiplayer game, or join an existing one. The get the message:
Online games are unavailable because your game has an anti-cheat violation
The game developers are already aware of this problem, and are undoubtedly working hard on a solution. Hopefully the suggestions listed above will allow you to get back online. But if not, then you may need to sit tight until a fix is provided.