Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 7 ISSUES: How to fix the common problems and error codes
Here’s how to fix all the latest Fortnite errors found in the recent Season 7 update.
Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 7 is nearly here!
However, as with any major update to a multiplayer game, there’s likely to be a few issues affecting your experience. Even for a game as polished as Fortnite, as Epic moves away from its Primal setting, some problems will likely arise.
If you’re looking for solutions on how to fix some common Fortnite errors, we’ve got you covered. Read on to see the fixes for all the latest problems.
General Top Issues in Fortnite
• Long loading screen after completing a session on PlayStation/Xbox.
Description – We’re investigating an issue that is causing players to experience a long loading screen after completing a session on PlayStation and Xbox consoles.
• Cannot create system-level parties between PS5 and PS4 when playing Fortnite.
Description – When playing Fortnite, players cannot create system-level parties that include players on both PS5 and PS4.
• Balloons item temporarily disabled.
Description – Due to a visual issue, we’ve temporarily disabled the Balloons item.
• Unable to edit color Styles for the Phantasmic Pulse Pickaxe in the Locker.
Description – Players are currently unable to change the color of the Phantasmic Pulse Pickaxe from the Boundless Set.
Battle Royale Top Issues
• Character Entries #43 & #44
Description – The Character Collection Book has extra entries showing #43 and #44 spots that cannot be completed, impacting a player’s completion of the ‘Meet All Characters in Season 5’ Collection Book Legacy.
• Bars in competitive playlists appearing to overwrite total Bars.
Description – In competitive playlists, players do not have access to their persistent stash of Bars. Instead, they are granted a set amount at the beginning of each match. This is intended. However, your end total of Bars in competitive playlists may appear in the Lobby in place of your persistent stash. This is a visual issue only.
Because this is a visual issue only, your persistent stash of Bars should still be available and visible when playing in a core modes playlist (Solos, Duos, Trios, Squads, Team Rumble).
• Split Screen “Ready Up!” issue.
Update – Though given the “Fixed in Live” label with the release of v15.50, we’re aware that this issue has not been fully resolved for players. We are working to address this.
Description – Players in Split Screen may have difficulty playing another match together due to the “Ready Up!” option not working properly.
• Inventory menu selector appearing on multiple slots.
Description – The inventory menu selector may appear on multiple slots simultaneously instead of just one.
• Camera may hitch near a car after exiting
Description – Players and spectators may notice inconsistent camera behavior or stuttering after being near a car they recently drove then exited.
Creative Mode Top Issues
• Flag does not respawn when flag carrier leaves game.
Description – We’re investigating an issue where the flag may not respawn when the flag carrier leaves.
• Start with ‘Pickaxe’ Creator setting still spawning with a Pickaxe.
Description – We’re investigating an issue with the start with pickaxe setting still spawning with a pickaxe
• A.I. can get stuck in obstacles.
Description – We’re investigating an issue that is causing A.I to get stuck in obstacles.
• Allow Spectate Other Teams setting not working.
Description – We’re investigating an issue that is causing the “Allow Spectate Other Teams” Setting to not work correctly.
• Phone Booth Device issues.
Description – We’re investigating multiple issues with the phone booth device:
1) If the player is in the Phone Booth during pregame’s auto start countdown, the game won’t start until the player exits the Phone Booth
2) Entering and exiting the Phone Booth quickly results in multiple issues, including prefab loading.
• Player can encounter infinite loading screen when flying out of island.
Description – We’re investigating an issue that is causing players to encounter infinite loading screen when flying out of the island.
• Vehicles not moving properly in Creative
Description – We’re aware of an issue that is causing vehicles to bounce excessively in Creative.
• Player portal appears as “Creative Don’t Fill.”
Description – We’re investigating an issue that is causing player portals to appear as saying Creative Dont Fill
• Pressing the default key in pre-game lobby starts the game.
Description – We’re investigating that is causing Creative matches to start when pressing the default key.
• Main Player rift can sometimes show as a Seasonal Rift.
Description – We’re investigating an issue where the main player rift can appear as the season rift
Save The World Top Issues
• Broken Pickaxe animations.
There are a handful of uniquely animated Pickaxes that are not playing the correct animation when used in Save the World. We’ll continue fixing these incorrect animations as they appear.
- Snake Eyes Katana
- Identity Disc Pickaxe
- Ol Mate Sledge (two-handed)
• The Val Defender doesn’t have perks when unlocked from the Valor Questline
Val doesn’t have any perks when unlocked from the “Valor” Questline. The team is working on a fix for this issue.
Fortnite Mobile Top Issues
• 3D resolution reset itself even if the player saved the settings
The 3D reset itself to 75% on each launch of the title, even if the player saved their settings to 100% in the last session.
• Players cannot change their custom controller settings while playing Nintendo Switch in Docked mode
Players are shown a ‘Keep These Video Settings?’ message and are unable to change their custom controls.
More Fortnite Issues and Bug fixes
If you’re still experiencing issues in Fortnite, we’d recommend keeping an eye on Fortnite’s official known issues list here.
We’ve also released solutions and fixes to other Fortnite bugs, errors, and issues, which you can check out below: