If you have been hit by Disney Plus Error Code 1028, there are some easy fixes that you can try.
Despite the undeniable popularity of Disney+, issues such as Disney Plus Error Code 48 have still been afflicting unsuspecting users, causing angst, frustration, and ire. But rather than let you go loco trying to watch Loki, or mad about the lack of The Mandalorian in your life, we've decided to provide you with some answers.
Relax; answers are incoming, and you'll soon be able to enjoy all that high-quality content to your heart's content. We treat you well. Here's what we know about Disney Plus Error Code 1028.
How To Fix Error 1028 In Disney Plus
A quick search on Disney's own support page doesn't give Error Code 1028 as a known issue. But there are a number of possible fixes you can try to overcome:
- Start with the obvious fixes: Restart your Smart TV, and restart your Disney Plus app. When you restart your television, leave it unplugged for about 5 minutes.
- Make sure your Smart TV and Disney+ app are fully up to date.
- Uninstall the Disney+ app. Power off and unplug your television, wait for a few minutes, power it back on, and then reinstall the app.
- If this doesn't work, the final step is to reset your Smart Hub on your television. Before you do this, make sure you have all your sign-in information, as this will sign you out of all your apps.
- On an LG TV, press the Smart button on your remote, then click the Gear icon in the top right, then General > Reset to Initial Settings
- On a Samsung, Press the Home button on your remote control.
- Using the directional pad on your remote, navigate to and select Settings.
- Navigate to and select Reset Smart Hub.
- Enter the PIN for your TV.
- Your Smart Hub has now been reset.
- Once you've reset your Smart TV, reinstall the Disney+ app.
Of course, you could always try watching Disney+ on an alternate device. While this doesn't resolve the underlying issue, it will let you at least watch something. But if you are still having issues, then it might be worth reaching out to Disney+ customer support for further assistance.
Read More: How To Screenshot Disney Plus
What Is Disney Plus Error Code 1028?
Error Code 1028 appears to be most prevalent for users of LG and Samsung Smart televisions. This is frustrating, as these are two of the bestselling brands on the market, meaning this error potentially impacts a lot of people. But it is possible that other Smart TV users will suffer from this error.
The error itself prevents you from opening the app, meaning that all that content is tantalisingly out of reach. It seems to be a software issue, somewhere between the app and the Smart TV platform it is installed on.
For some users, the issue appears to have miraculously resolved itself without them doing anything. But if you aren't quite that lucky, then try our suggested fixes. Hopefully, you'll soon be back up and running.