Call of Duty: Warzone Error Code Diver, known also Error Code 6 is a pretty frustrating issue for any Warzone or Modern Warfare players.
While it isn't currently listed as a known issue by Activision, nonetheless there are plenty of users who have reported encountering this problem. It joins the classic issues of Warzone crashing on PS4 and Warzone mic not working as problems that don't seem to go away even with updates.
Despite the absence of an official fix, there are some user-reported solutions that seem to be making a difference. So we'll take a look at those suggestions, so you can try them yourself. We'll also help you to understand what Error Code 6, or Warzone Error Code Diver as it is also known, actually is.
How to fix Warzone Error Code Diver or Error Code 6
These errors have been found to affect players on PC, Xbox and PlayStation 4. The majority of these fixes will apply to any of these platforms, with one or two that might be specific to PC. So without further ado, here's what you can try:
- Wait it out. In recent weeks, this error code has been entirely on the game's servers. Wait half an hour or so and reopen the game.
- Next, try exiting the game and completely closing it down. Restart your device.
- Restart your router to refresh your internet connection.
- If you are on PC, disable your Firewall, in case this is causing interference.
- Try to download any updates via a different internet connection. Some users have reported that cellular data has worked, while others have found a VPN to be effective.
- One further option which has been suggested, is that this error can be avoided if you allow all the introduction cinematic to play through, rather than skipping them. We don't know whether this works, but it's probably worth trying before moving onto the last option.
- Finally, if all else fails, you may need to consider uninstalling and redownloading the entire game. There's a reason we left this until the end.
Trying these fixes will hopefully get you back up and running, whichever version of COD you are playing. But what exactly is this error, and why does it happen?
Read More: How To Fix Warzone Shadow Ban
What is Warzone Error Code 6?
The Warzone Error Code Diver/Error Code 6 seems to be linked to aproblem with a download. Typically, the error appears when an update has failed to be downloaded properly, suggestive of an issue with corrupt data. There are suggestions that this arises specifically if an update download is interrupted for any reason. If this is true, then making sure that you let the download complete without pausing or stopping it, may avoid this error in future.
As we mentioned earlier, this error is yet to be recognised as a known issue by the game developers. So if you try these tips and have no joy, then it's worth spending a couple of minutes reporting the problem to Activision. If enough people do this, it may persuade them to take a look and find a fix for it.
Read More:How To Fix Packet Loss in Warzone