Call of Duty: Vanguard is a brand new Call of Duty game. But it still has much in common with other games in the series. And one of those similarities is the wide range of errors that afflict the game. With COD: Vanguard error Hunter-Gruber, we at least get an error code with an interesting name. But even if it makes the error sound like a hapless character from a 1980s British sitcom, it still proves to be a pain point when it hits. So with that in mind, here's what to do, if you are affected by it.
How To Fix Call of Duty: Vanguard Error Hunter-Gruber
There are a few things to do to try to fix the error Hunter-Gruber. As is so often the case, the underlying cause of the error is not always clear, so you may just need to try everything, and see what works. But here's what we suggest:
- Start by checking the server status of the game. If there is a problem with the servers, wait until that has been resolved before trying again.
- Your next steps are all about making sure your internet conenction is working as well as possible.
- Run a speed test to make certain that everythnig is working properly.
- Restart your router, and see if this stops the error from appearing.
- Limit the number of other apps and devices that are competing for bandwidth.
- If you're using WiFi, try using a wired connection for a greater stability.
- Try to power cycle your console.
- Check for any pending software updates.
- If all else fails, try the nuclear option of uninstalling and then reinstalling the game.
If even after reinstallation, Hunter-Gruber is still a problem, then it's time to reach out to the help and support teams for the game. You can find them on Twitter @CallofDuty. Alternatively, you can go to the Activision support page and submit a bug report.
Read More: Call of Duty: Vanguard File Size: How Many GB Is COD Vanguard?
What is Hunter-Gruber?
Vanguard Error Hunter-Gruber happens when there is a problem with connecting to the game servers. It's uncertain whether the issue is generally caused by a problem at the server end, or if it's a user-end issue. There appear to be cases caused at either end of the connection.
The problem also seems to be most prevalent for PlayStation users, although it remains unclear as to why this might be the case. Activision don't presently have this listed as a known issue on their support page. We can hope that if enough people report it, then it will be addressed in the future. But if you're struggling while waiting for a fix by the developers, it's well worth trying our tips.
Read More: Call of Duty: Vanguard Lag: How To Stop COD Vanguard From Lagging On Xbox, PS5 and PC