Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War is the sixth instalment in the hugely successful Black Ops series. Only released in November 2020, it rapidly became one of the best-selling games of the year, earning a whopping $678 million within six weeks of release. But despite its success, Cold War has had its fair share of bugs, that has not endeared it to the loyal fanbase.
As a result, there have been several updates released for the game, often requiring enormous amounts of space in order to install them successfully. The latest update has recently arrived, and we've given you some tips about how to speed up the download times over here. We've also included some pointers if you are having issues with Modern Warfare and Warzone Season 3here.
READ MORE: How to fix Call of Duty: Warzone copying add-on issue PS4 and PS5
But what happens if you have downloaded your update, and it freezes at 100%, without actually completing it? What can you do to fix your Call of Duty game? Here's what we suggest you try.
How to fix Call of Duty stuck at 100% download error
What seems to be happening is that the update reaches 100%, and then gets stuck when it says "finishing things up". You've tried turning your console off and back on again. For some people, this might be enough. But if not? Microsoft has a troubleshooting guide for Xbox One and Series X|S here. There are four steps to try:
- Check the Xbox status for any alerts.
- Make sure you have signed in with the correct Xbox profile (the one that originally purchased the content).
- Ensure you have enough space on your hard drive for the update to download.
- Check for a system update for the Xbox console.
READ MORE: How to fix Call of Duty: Warzone memory error 1766
Return of the MAC
On the Microsoft forums, they have suggested some additional fixes as well. One of the main recommendations is to clear the Mac address and then restart the console. To do this:
- Go to Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate Mac Address > Clear it. The console should restart.
Check your NAT
In addition to this, they recommend checking the NAT type:
- Go to Settings > Network Settings > NAT type. This should be open.
- If the NAT type is not open, then you need to open some ports with your internet provider, otherwise Xbox Live won't work. These ports are as follows:
- Port 88 (UDP) Port 3074 (UDP and TCP) Port 53 (UDP and TCP) Port 80 (TCP) Port 500 (UDP) Port 3544 (UDP) and Port 4500 (UDP).
After doing this, turn off the console, unplug it, and wait for a few minutes. Then connect everything back up and restart your console. If this doesn't resolve the issue, you may need to look at resetting the Xbox.
READ MORE: How to fix slow download speed for Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War Season 3 update
Reset your Xbox
To reset your Xbox:
- Go to Settings > System > Console Info > Reset this Xbox > Reset and Keep my Games and Apps.
Before you do this, make certain you know your username and password, because you will need to sign in again to access your account. If you choose this option, you won't lose any of your games, unless you have forgotten your log-in details.
These tips will hopefully overcome the stuck at 100% issue, and allow you to enjoy Black Ops after its latest Season 3 update.
READ MORE: How to uninstall the Call Of Duty Modern Warfare campaign