Call of Duty: Warzone is a hugely popular franchise, beloved by millions around the world. But it also suffers from its fair share of issues. One that causes significant issues is the Warzone 'unable to access live services' error. If you've been suffering from this problem, we've put together a list of recommended solutions, that may help you to resolve it. Follow our steps, and see how you get on.
How To Fix 'Unable To Access Live Services' Error
If you are suffering from the unable to access live services error, the absolute first thing to do, is check the server status of the game. If there is an issue with the game servers, this is a likely cause for the issue. So wait until the servers are working, before trying again. Assuming the servers are working as normal, here's what to do next:
- An obvious step, but try restarting Warzone. Make sure you close it down fully, then relaunch it. If you're lucky, this will be sufficient to get you back online.
- It's also worth making sure that your internet connection is working properly. Restart your router, check your connection speed, limit the number of other bandwidth-heavy applications that are in use at the same time. If you are on Wi-Fi, if possible try switching to a wired connection for improved stability.
- Using a VPN may enable you to connect to a server in a different region, that may not be experiencing the same issues. Conversely, if you use a VPN, try turning it off, and connecting to another, more local server instead.
- Some users have reported that deleting their game data has helped to resolve the issue. So if you have tried our other steps, and are still struggling, this may be something to consider, in case your data has become corrupted.
If none of these fixes works, then we'd recommend that you contact Activision for further support and advice. But what exactly is this error, and why does it happen? Here's what we know.
What Is The Warzone 'Unable To Access Live Services' Error?
As the wording of the error suggests, this arises when players are unable to get online to access the game. There are a few potential reasons that you may be confronted by this error. Most commonly, this arises when there is a server issue. In these instances, as we mentioned above, there is little you can do but wait for it to be resolved. But there are multiple reasons that could account for a server issue:
- Too much traffic is common, especially if there has just been a new game update to lure fans back online.
- If a server requires maintenance, it will sometimes need to be taken offline in order to carry out the encessary work.
- A server outage. An unexpected issue can arise that stops the server from working.
There are other possible triggers for this error as well. As we suggested above, the same issue can arise if there are connectivity issues at the player's end. Whether that's specific to the way your device is set up, or a wider outage linked to your ISP, anything that causes a communicatin breakdown between the player and the servers, might result in this issue.
Last, but by no means least, is the possibility that corrupted game data is causing this error. Hence our suggestion to consider deleting saved game files. Some users have suggested that this was effective in resolving the problem. Which strongly suggests that in some cases at least, this is part of the problem.
Of course, it isn't always easy to figure out which of these reasons might be responsible for the error. So try the fixes we've outlined, and hopefully, you'll soon be back online.