Warzone Dev Error 6661 is yet another error afflicting Call of Duty players. While Activision do their best to address these issues as they arise, there are times when playing a Call of Duty game can feel like a lottery, where players aren't sure whether or not they will be able to play without an error spoiling their fun.
Error 6661 is another in a long list of problems that has been stopping players from enjoying COD: Warzone. But we're here to throw some light on the matter, and tell you everythnig we know about Warzone error code 6661. Let's get to work.
How To Fix Warzone Error Code 6661
Warzone error code 6661 has been around for a while, but is not listed by Activison as one of their known issues. This is despite an abundance of Reddit threads and other posts online discussing this error. This means that there is not yet any 'official' fix for this particular problem. But our top tips are as follows:
- Start with the basic troubleshooting steps - check your internet connection, check the server status for the game, and restart your console or computer.
- If you are on PC, try to repair your game files. To do this:
- Open the Battle.net desktop app.
- Click the icon of the game you are trying to repair.
- Next, click the cogwheel next to the Play button and select Scan and Repair.
- Begin Scan.
- Wait for the repair to finish. Hopefully this will resolve any corrupted files, if these are behind the problem.
- Make sure any software updates ahve been completed.
- One suggestion that seems to have worked for a number of players, is to turn down Video Memory Scaling from 0.85 to 0.6. This can be found by going to \Documents\Call of Duty Modern Warfare\players and selecting advanced settings.
- A final option is to uninstall and then reinstall the game.
If none of these solutions is effective, then it's time to report the issue to Activision, to try and compel them to investigate and resolve the error. The more players who raise this, the more likely they are to pay attention to provide a solution. But what else do we know about Warzone error code 6661?
What is Warzone Dev Error 6661?
Error code 6661 is an error that seems to keep popping up periodically. Players were complaining about the error back in 2020, then early in 2021, and then again in late 2021. The error seems to appear more frequently after a game update is released. In October 2021, Season 6 of Warzone was released, and since then, players have seen this error far more frequently.
The exact cause of the error is unclear, but the evidence does point to a link with the game being updated. When the error arrives, players see a message which says:
DEV ERROR 6661
To contact customer service support, go to http://support.activision.com/modernwarfare
At this point, our primary hope is that the developers will provide an update in the near future that will fix this issue. So if you see any pending updates for the game, do try to install them as quickly as you can. And with a bit of luck, this error will go back to sleep for a while.