With the recently announced Call of Duty: Vanguard, questions abound about the differences between the Vanguard PS4 vs PS5 versions. Will there be anything significant? Today, we'll run through all the key differences between the two versions, so you can see for yourself, exactly how they compare. Here's everything you need to know, about the upcoming release of Call of Duty: Vanguard.
Call of Duty Vanguard Release Date
The first, and arguably most important question people have been asking, is when Vanguard will actually be released. Happily, we don't have long to wait. Vanguard is scheduled to be released on November 5th, 2021.
Activision has confirmed that there will be a beta period prior to the official launch. The beta will open slightly earlier for PlayStation users. It has also been confirmed that if you pre-order the game, you can enjoy access to the Open Beta once it launches on your platform of choice.
The dates for the Vanguard Open Beta are as follows:
- PlayStation only (pre-order necessary): September 10th-13th
- PlayStation Open Beta: September 16th-20th
- Xbox and PC (pre-order necessary): September 16th-17th
- Xbox and PC Open Beta: September 18th-20th
In addition, PlayStation.Blog has confirmed that Vanguard Alpha will be available to PlayStation 4 and 5 players between August 27th-29th. Players will be able to experience the Champion Hill mode, described as a "multi-arena survival tournament".
COD Vanguard PS4 vs PS5 Differences
In the Vanguard PS4 vs PS5 fight, there's bound to be a few differences between the two. On callofduty.com they state that the PS5 version offers the following benefits:
- Higher framerates
- Hardware-based graphical improvements
- Shorter load times
They also mention the PS5 version offering "other advantages" compared to the PS4 edition. But they don't specify what. Most likely, it will include things like use of the adaptive triggers and haptic feedback on the DualSense controller, and potentially support for 120fps and ray tracing as well.
COD Vanguard Graphics
Several leakers are reporting that Call of Duty Vanguard’s campaign is the best looking display of graphics they’ve seen so far on next gen consoles!
The announcement of Vanguard confirmed that it will be using the same "next generation" Call of Duty engine that was introduced in Modern Warfare. This will enable the game to be fully optimised and, potentially deliver "photo-realistic" visuals. While we wait to see the final product, early impressions are certainly encouraging.
COD Vanguard Gameplay
Vanguard marks a return for the franchise to WWII. The game will take place across four theatres of war: The Western Front, The Eastern Front, North Africa, and The Pacific. You will use one of four playable characters, each of whom will become one of the "original Operatives" who paved the way for modern special forces soldiers. The game will pitch you into major battles from the war, such as defending Stalingrad, or dogfights over the Midway Islands.
COD: Vanguard also offers a comprehensive multiplayer experience. 20 maps will be available at launch, with 16 of these for core gameplay. There will also be additional ways to play. the developer, Sledgehammer Games, has added a Gunsmith and Caliber system, and a continuation of the 2v2 Gunfight mode from Modern Warfare. The single bisect addition is the Champion Hill Mode. In this, eight teams face off in a series of head to head matches, and the last team standing wins. Between rounds, players can buy additional resources to strengthen them before the next match.
COD Vanguard Pre-Order Benefits
There are three different options available to order: Standard Edition, Cross-Gen Edition, and Ultimate Edition. Whichever version you decide to pre-order will give you the following bonuses:
- Early access to Call of Duty: Vanguard Open Beta
- Mastercraft Blueprint in Black Ops Cold War / Warzone (received for immediate use). This is for the Night Raid Submachine Gun.
- Operator Arthur Kingsley in Black Ops Cold War / Warzone (received later)
- Digital Exclusive: Frontline Weapons Pack (two weapon blueprints). The Shredder Submachine Gun and Wildwood Submachine Gun.
- Opportunity to pre-load the game before launch
The Cross-Gen Edition will also give the following:
- Five hours of Double Weapons Experience Points (2x WXP) for Call of Duty: Vanguard and Warzone, available when the game launches.
If you pre-order the Ultimate Edition, here's what you get in addition:
- Task Force One Pack with three Operator Skins and three Weapon Blueprints with Tracer Rounds (detailed below).
- Battle Pass Bundle (one Season Battle Pass with 20 Tier Skips***).
- Ten hours of Double Experience Points (2XP), comprising of five hours of Double XP, and five hours of Double Weapons XP (2x WXP) for Call of Duty: Vanguard and Warzone, available as Double XP Tokens when the game launches.
- Digital Exclusive: Frontline Weapons Pack.
- And as an added bonus: Players who pre-order the Ultimate Edition from the in-game Black Ops Cold War or Warzone stores will be rewarded with 10 Battle Pass Tier Skips, eligible to be used immediately in Black Ops Cold War and Warzone.