We know we can change the TikTok username, but can you change your birthday on TikTok?
As human beings, we are prone to errors, and sometimes those errors manifest in unexpected ways - like entering our age incorrectly or selecting the wrong birth year on TikTok. The good news is that we possess the power to rectify our mistakes and set things right.
In this article, we'll guide you through the step-by-step process of changing your birthday on the platform.
Can you change your birthday on TikTok?
While it was possible to change your age on TikTok earlier, changing your age or birthday within the app is no longer possible.
TikTok made the decision to remove this feature due to concerns surrounding younger users manipulating their age to gain access to features intended for adults only or to watch 18+ content such as the Princess Peach trend.
Gone are the days when you could effortlessly modify your birthdate on TikTok within your profile settings. However, it is not impossible. You can contact customer support to request to change your age on TikTok.
To verify your age, TikTok now requires proper documentation before granting permission to change your age. But there is no guarantee they will grant the change.
How to change your birthday on TikTok
As mentioned in the previous section, you can change your age on TikTok, but it isn't that simple. You will need to provide a government-issued ID to confirm your identity and date of birth.
Here is how to change your birthday on TikTok:
- Tap Profile in the bottom right.
- Tap the 3-line icon in the top right.
- Tap Settings and Privacy.
- Now scroll down until you see the Support section and under that, tap Report a problem.
- Select Account and profile > Editing profile > Other > Need more help?
- You will be presented with a Feedback form where you can type in a request to change your date of birth.
A TikTok customer support representative will then email you at the address associated with your account. And you will be asked to provide some form of government-issued ID to verify your identity and date of birth.
If TikTok support does not change your birthday, you can always delete your account and create a new one with the correct date of birth.
How to change your age on TikTok without deleting your account
However, it's worth noting that TikTok hasn’t implemented any age verification for creating an account. That means, you can sign up and you can simply set your age to 18+ to access the full TikTok experience.
Here is how to do it:
- First, log out from your current account. You will be taken to the homepage.
- Now, tap profile in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Then, sign up for TikTok by tapping use phone or email.
- Next, they will ask you to fill in your birthdate. This is the most important step. Use the scroll wheels to set your birthdate.
- Finally, type in your phone number or email id and verify it to finish the process.
And that covers everything you need to know on how to change birthday on TikTok. Make sure you check out our useful guides on how to turn on dark mode on TikTok for Android and how to remove profile picture on TikTok.