We human beings are fallible. And it can happen that we enter our age incorrectly or in the wrong year. But the good news is that we can always correct our mistakes. In this case, change our age on TikTok. In this guide, we'll show you how to change your age on TikTok without deleting your account.
Can You Change Your Age on TikTok?
Many people, especially minors, have been wondering if they can change their age on TikTok. The short answer is yes, it’s possible to do so.
Earlier it was possible to change your age from the app itself. It was as easy as pressing a button. But TikTok removed this feature because many younger users were changing their age to access functionalities that were only meant for adults.
Now you can't just go in your profile and change your date to whatever you like. It isn't that straightforward. TikTok has strict rules and policies in place, and they won't allow you to change your age unless you have the right documentation.
With that in mind, let's get into the real business. Keep reading to learn how to change your age on TikTok.
Read More: TikTok Auto Scroll: How To Auto Scroll Through TikTok On iOS And Android Devices?
How to Change Your Age on TikTok in 2022?
As mentioned in the previous section, you can change your age on TikTok, but it isn't that simple. You will need to provide a government-issued ID to confirm your identity and date of birth. Here is how to change your age on TikTok:
- Open TikTok and tap Profile.
- Click on the three stacked lines in the top-right corner. You will be taken to the Settings and privacy page.
- Now scroll down until you see the Support section and under that, tap Report a problem.
- Select Account and profile > Editing profile > Other > Need more help?.
- You will be presented with a Feedback form where you can type in a request to change your date of birth.
- A TikTok customer support representative will then email you at the address associated with your account soon. And you will be asked to provide some form of government-issued identification to confirm your identity and date of birth in order to make the change.
Read More: Change TikTok Username: How To Change Your Username On TikTok Before 30 days in 2022?
How to Change Your Age on TikTok without Deleting Your Account?
Many TikTok features are blocked or inaccessible to minors. For example, direct messaging on TikTok is only available to users aged 16 and older. And only those aged 18 and over will be able to buy, send and receive virtual gifts on TikTok.
However, it's worth mentioning that TikTok doesn't use any age verification tools when new users sign up. That means, you can sign up and you can simply set your age to 18+ to access the full TikTok experience. Here is how to do it:
- First, log out from your current account. You will be taken to the homepage.
- Now, tap profile in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Then, sign up to TikTok by tapping use phone or email.
- Next, they will ask you to fill in your birthdate. This is the most important step. Use the scroll wheels to set your birthdate.
- Finally, type in your phone number or email id and verify it to finish the process.
That's it! You will now be able to send and receive direct messages on TikTok as well as buy, send and receive virtual gifts.