Have no idea how to turn on/off TikTok activity status? We've got you covered!
A few improvements have been made to TikTok's DM feature recently. They introduced read receipts a couple of months ago and now they have started to roll out the activity status feature, which allows you to see if your TikTok friends are online or offline.
In this article, we will show you how to turn on/off your TikTok activity status. Let's get started!
How to turn on/off TikTok activity status
While some people see TikTok activity status as a godsend, others see it as a privacy nightmare. Whichever group you fall into, TikTok allows you to control your activity status to suit your preference.
By default, TikTok activity status is turned on. But if you don't want your friends to know whether you are active or not, or the last time you were active, you can easily turn off this feature - just like the way you can appear offline on Instagram.
To turn TikTok activity status on or off, do as follows:
- Click on your profile in the bottom right corner.
- Tap the three lines in the top right, and select Settings and privacy.
- Click Privacy.
- Tap the toggle button next to Activity status to switch the feature on or off.
And that's how you control your activity status. So, if you wish to enjoy the latest TikTok trends and TikTok duets while keeping your activity status under wraps, you can do so by following the steps above.
TikTok activity status not showing
To see someone's activity status, you must be 18 years of age or older and must be friends (mutual followers) with that person. Assuming these two requirements are met, here are the possible reasons why TikTok activity status is not showing:
- Both parties should have the feature enabled to see the activity status. If there is no activity status, it is possible that the other party has their status disabled.
- TikTok displays activity status for up to 2 days. If someone was last active more than 2 days ago, then no status is displayed.
In case you have no Activity Status feature on TikTok, it is because TikTok is rolling them out to users gradually over a period of time. So if you don’t yet have it in your settings, just wait and make sure you install the latest updates for the TikTok app asap.
So, now that you know how to turn on/off TikTok activity status, have a look at how to auto-scroll on TikTok.
For more articles like this, take a look at our Apps page.