If you’re looking to see if someone has blocked you on WhatsApp, then you’re in the right place.
We have all been there. You’re chatting with someone and they disappear (go offline) out of the blue. Before you overthink and panic, it’s always a good idea to check if someone has actually blocked you on WhatsApp.
How To Tell If Someone Blocked You On WhatsApp
If you are wondering whether a person has blocked you on WhatsApp, there are some signs that you can look out for to tell if they have blocked you. Here are some telltale signs that you may be blocked:
- You can no longer see the contact's last seen or online in the chat window.
- You do not see the contact's profile photo.
- Any messages sent to them will always show one check mark (message sent), and never show a second check mark (message delivered).
- You do not see the contacts about or bio.
- Any calls you attempt to place will not go through. It will show you "calling" and rings as well, but will not connect.
WhatsApp’s official policy is to make it "intentionally ambiguous" if someone blocks you on the app - for obvious reasons. However, there are some crystal clear signs to tell if someone has blocked you on WhatsApp. We'll explore that in the following section.
How To Know If Someone Blocked You On WhatsApp Without Messaging Them
You can always wait and see if the messages you sent them go through, before jumping to the conclusion that they have blocked you on WhatsApp. Alternatively, you can try the following.
- If there is a common WhatsApp group you both are participants of, you can simply send a message there and see if they receive or read the message. You will still be able to see their checkmarks (delivered and seen) in the group, even though you are blocked by them.
- In case there isn't a common WhatsApp group, add them to an existing group or create a new group with them. If they have blocked you, you will not see them on the participant list of that group. In Android, you will receive a "Couldn't add" error message when you try to add them. It is the biggest and the most obvious sign that they have blocked you on WhatsApp.
Ultimately, if you find out that they have blocked you on WhatsApp, it's better to leave them alone and move on, otherwise, you could just make it worse.
Read More: Can You View Instagram Anonymously?
When You Block Someone On WhatsApp What Do They See?
When you block someone, they no longer see your last seen, online, status updates, and profile photo. In addition, messages, calls, and status updates sent by them won't show up on your phone and won’t be delivered to you.
However, if you both have a WhatsApp group in common, you will still receive the messages sent by them in the group and they will be able to see the delivery and read receipts.
Blocking is an almost universal feature on social media platforms, but it can be a mistake sometimes. On TikTok, for example, check out how to unblock someone on TikTok, or just take a look at the latest TikTok trends to see what's hot on the platform.