Getting the query error on Facebook and don't know what to do? We can help!
Meta's Facebook and Instagram are two of the most popular social media platforms in the world. However, they're not without their own share of problems. While Instagram users are plagued by the black screen and crashing issues, an annoying query error is haunting Facebook users.
Regardless of the platform, the query error is making life hard for Facebook users. So we've put together a few tips that might be able to fix it for you. Let's get into it!
How to fix the "Error performing query" Issue on Facebook
Apparently, the query error on Facebook crops up on many occasions.
You may run into the error while updating your About section, posting a picture or status update, creating a Facebook page or an account, sending a friend request, posting a job, etc. You can even come across this error on the Facebook Marketplace and Facebook Dating services.
If you are hit by the query error on Facebook, here are some fixes that you can try.
- Try changing your input (if applicable). If you have put any links or special characters in the input, try removing them. A trial-and-error approach is the way to go.
- Check if the Facebook servers are down by going here.
- If you're using the Facebook mobile app, kill the app and reopen it. If you're on a computer, refresh the page and try again.
- Log out from Facebook, log back in and see if the issue is fixed.
- Open the App Store or Play Store and install any pending updates.
- Restart your device.
- Go to Settings and clear the Facebook cache and data. On iPhone, uninstall and reinstall the Facebook app.
- Wait and try again later.
If nothing seems to work, report the issue to Facebook and ask for their guidance. Don't forget to include a detailed description of the problem as well as screenshots when contacting them. This will help them to resolve your issue quickly.
What is the query error on Facebook?
Generally, query error happens when the query or the input you provided contains expressions that are incompatible or invalid. Naturally, the fix is to remove the expressions that are not compatible with the server-side language.
That said, an average Facebook user is uninitiated and they don't know what expressions are compatible and what expressions are incompatible with the server-side language, and hence they get confused when they encounter the query error on Facebook.
The error can also be caused due to server issues or other reasons that we don't know about, which are beyond the control of the users. If you are hit by the query error on Facebook, your best bet is to try the fixes we mentioned in the previous section and hope for the best.
Now that your problem is sorted (hopefully), have a look at how to turn off suggested posts on Facebook.