Getting the query error on Facebook and don't know what to do? We can help!
Meta's Facebook and Instagram are two of the most popular social media platforms in the world. However, they're not without their own share of problems. While Instagram users are plagued by the black screen and crashing issues, an annoying query error is haunting Facebook users.
Regardless of the platform, the query error is making life hard for Facebook users. So we've put together a few tips that might be able to fix it for you. Let's get into it!
How to fix the "Error performing query" Issue on Facebook
If the Facebook servers are experiencing downtime or technical issues, there is typically not much an individual user can do except wait for the problems to be resolved by Facebook's technical team.
But if the problem is on your end, here are some fixes that you can try to fix the Facebook query error:
- Try changing your input (if applicable). If you have put any links or special characters in the input, try removing them. A trial-and-error approach is the way to go.
- Check if the Facebook servers are down by going here.
- If you're using the Facebook mobile app, kill the app and reopen it. If you're on a computer, refresh the page and try again.
- Log out from Facebook, log back in and see if the issue is fixed.
- Open the App Store or Play Store and install any pending updates.
- Restart your device.
- Go to Settings and clear the Facebook cache and data. On iPhone, uninstall and reinstall the Facebook app.
- Wait and try again later.
If nothing seems to work, report the issue to Facebook and ask for their guidance. Don't forget to include a detailed description of the problem as well as screenshots when contacting them. This will help them to resolve your issue quickly.
What is the query error on Facebook?
The query error on Facebook generally indicates that there was an issue executing a query on Facebook's servers. This error can occur in various scenarios, causing inconvenience to users in different situations.
For example, you might encounter this error when attempting to update your About section, posting a picture or status update, creating a Facebook page or account, sending a friend request, posting a job, or engaging with features like Facebook Marketplace and Facebook Dating.
The "Error performing query" issue can occur due to various reasons, such as a temporary glitch in the system, server issues, network connectivity issues, or problems with the specific query you are attempting.
When you are hit by the notorious query error on Facebook, your best bet is to try the fixes we mentioned in the previous section and hope for the best. If that doesn't solve the issue, contact Facebook Support.
For more articles like this, take a look at our Apps page.