If you're reading this, it's likely your Locket app is not working.
The Locket app, released on New Year's Day 2022, has been a massive hit with the public. The app garnered huge popularity because of its unique and intimate way of sharing pics. But as good as it is, there are some problems with it.
In the last few months, there have been a number of reports from users that the Locket widget app is not working as it should. This has left many frustrated. If you're also having the same problem, here's what you need to do to fix it.
How To Fix Locket Widget App Not Working
The Locket app not updating or showing pictures, not sending code and the app not showing up in the widgets are common problems that most people face. Also, the locket widget camera is not working for some users.
Probably, the devs are already aware of these issues and working on them. But if you're not keen on waiting around for the developers to fix these issues, you can try out these basic troubleshooting steps to solve the Locket widget app not working problem.
- First, go to the App Store/Play Store and see if any updates are available. Install the updates if available. Also, make sure your device is running the latest OS version. Oftentimes, the incompatibility between the device and the OS version can cause the issue.
- Kill the app to remove it from memory completely and then relaunch it. It may fix most of the issues that you are facing.
- Clear the app cache as corrupted cache files can cause the widget not to work. iPhone users can offload the app and then reinstate it.
- You might also want to reboot your device in case the issue is with your phone.
Hopefully, one of our suggestions will help you resolve the issue. If you are still having trouble, you have only two options left. One, uninstall the app and then reinstall it. Two, contact the devs at email@example.com and report the issue.
Read More: How To Check If Samsung Phone Is Original
Why Does The Locket App Not Work?
Since the Locket app is relatively new, bugs are bound to come up. BeReal, another recent viral app, has faced many similar issues such as the BeReal app not working and the BeReal notifications not working.
The reason why the locket widget app is not working for you is because of bugs or glitches in the app. That said, there are some other reasons such as:
- You are running an outdated version of the app or OS.
- The app cache is corrupted.
- Issues with your smartphone.
As we mentioned before, it's pretty common for a new app to have a few bugs during the early stages. The devs will usually get them fixed as soon as they can. Until then, the tips we have outlined here are your best bet to fix the locket app not working issue.