Have no idea what “We limit how often you can do certain things on Instagram to protect our community” mean? We have got you covered!
Instagram can be annoying at times. From Instagram not letting you post to deleting your account for no reason to not sending security codes, the app has been a source of trouble for many users. Lately, Instagrammers have been complaining about their accounts getting limited.
In this article, we will go over what this limitation means, why it happens and how to fix it. Let's get started!
What Does “We Limit How Often You Can Do Certain Things On Instagram To Protect Our Community” Mean?
In short, it means that you have been shadowbanned from Instagram because of spam behaviour.
Instagram wants to provide its users with the best possible experience and protect its community from spam bots, and therefore, it has put in place some limitations that help it achieve that goal.
For example, it is not possible to unfollow everyone on Instagram at once, because you have a daily unfollow/follow limit. Similarly, there is also a daily limit to the number of likes, comments and DMs you can send on Instagram. Let's discuss the numbers in detail.
Instagram unfollow limit
- You cannot follow/unfollow more than 150 people a day.
- If your profile is less than 1 month old, the limit is further reduced to 50 - 100.
Instagram likes limit
- You cannot like more than 1000 posts a day.
Instagram comments limit
- The number of comments you can leave on a daily basis is limited to 180 - 200.
- Posting the same comment more than twice is considered spamming.
Instagram DM limit
- The number of new chats you can have daily is between 50 - 100.
- For new accounts, the limit is between 20 - 50.
Besides these, there is also a daily limit on the number of hashtags, stories and accounts you can tag in a post that you should abide by.
Breaking these limits is considered spam behaviour and you will be shadowbanned from the platform for a period of time. When you get shadowbanned, you will receive the following error message.
Try Again Later
We limit how often you can do certain things on Instagram to protect our community. Tell us if you think we made a mistake.
It's not uncommon for social media platforms to limit how often users can do certain things. On TikTok you will get the “Too many attempts. Try again later” error if you repeatedly attempt to perform a similar action in a short period of time.
- Read More: How To Turn Off Suggested Posts On Instagram
How To Fix We Limit How Often Instagram Error
When you get shadowbanned, you are not allowed to access your account temporarily. We know how frustrating it is to find that you cannot use Instagram for a few days, but you will be happy to know that there is a solution. You will be able to get back into your account if you follow these simple steps.
- Appeal by tapping the Tell us or Report a problem button. Instagram will reveal your appeal and unshadowban you if it turns out that it was a mistake.
- Wait until the shadowban is lifted. Typically, shadowbans last for about 48 hours. However, there have been cases where people had to wait an entire week.