If you have no idea how to fix Instagram not sending security code, then here's the solution.
Instagram does weird things sometimes. From the app crashing occasionally to not letting you post to DMs not working, Instagram can be quite fussy.
Instagram not sending the security code when trying to log in is the latest problem we've seen and it can be pretty irritating. Although it isn't ideal, it is not as bad as Instagram deleting your account for no reason.
Luckily, there's a simple way to fix the Instagram not sending security code issue. Let's see what you need to do.
How To Fix Instagram Not Sending Security Code
That's standard procedure across all social networking sites. However, some users report that they can't get this security code from Instagram even after they provided the correct details. This can be quite annoying.
You can follow the instructions below to get back into your Instagram account.
How To Fix Instagram Not Sending Security Code To Phone
If you have not received the security code on your phone after several attempts, follow the steps below. Before you try out these steps, make sure the signal reception of your phone is strong.
- A Reddit user reported that removing a phone number from their "blocked list" solved the issue. So, go to settings, check your blocked numbers, and unblock the number 32665 (if you find it) or any other 5-digit number that you don't recollect blocking.
- Another Reddit user was able to log back in after waiting about 24 hours. So, if you still can't get into your account and have been trying for a long time, try waiting 24 hours and see if it helps.
- Try from your email id instead of your phone number and see if the security code comes through.
- Try a different device to log in.
- If the problem still persists, contact Instagram support via email at email@example.com.
If you repeatedly try to send codes to your phone, there is a risk of you encountering the "Please wait a few minutes before you try again" error on Instagram. So make sure you wait a bit between attempts.
Read More: How To Turn Off Suggested Posts On Instagram
How To Fix Instagram Not Sending Security Code To Email
Here are the steps to follow if you have not received the security code on your email after several attempts.
- Check your spam folder to see if it was sent there accidentally.
- Try from your phone number instead of email. If you aren't receiving the codes on your phone as well, take the steps mentioned in the above section.
- Log in from a new device (preferably on your web browser) and see if it helps.
- Wait 24 hours before attempting to log in again.
- If you're still having issues, contact Instagram support via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Seemingly, the issue appears to be a glitch that is mostly affecting the users who have enabled two-factor authentication. Although a lot of users are experiencing this issue, there are no troubleshooting tips on the Instagram support page. So, your best bet is to try out the steps listed above and hope for the best.
While you are locked out of Instagram, you can view Instagram anonymously without an account - using third-party websites.