If you wish to view your Instagram archive on your desktop, then read on.
The Instagram archive is like a recycle bin in Windows. It’s a place where you keep posts and stories that you don't want on your Instagram profile but you still want to keep around. You can always go to your archive and restore the posts to showcase them again on your profile.
Sometimes there may arise a situation where you need to view your Instagram archive on the desktop. It may be because Instagram keeps crashing on your phone. Or you can't simply log in on your new phone because Instagram is not sending a security code or you don't remember which email address is linked to your Instagram account.
Whatever the reason may be, we will teach you how to view your Instagram archive on the desktop today. Let's get into the matter!
How To See Archived Instagram Posts And Stories On The Computer
Unfortunately, there is no straightforward way to see your Instagram archive on the PC. The web version of Instagram doesn't offer the functionality to access your archived posts and stories. Don't despair, because where there is a will, there is a way. And the way to do this is to use BlueStacks.
For the uninitiated, BlueStacks is a free Android phone emulator. It emulates the Android version of Instagram on a PC or Mac, making it possible to see archived Instagram posts and stories on your PC or Mac. Here is how it is done.
- Install BlueStacks on your Windows PC or Mac.
- Open BlueStacks and download Instagram.
- Sign in to your Instagram account, and your Instagram feed appears as it does on a phone.
- Tap your profile picture in the bottom right to go to your profile.
- Press the 3-line menu in the top right, then tap Your activity.
- Tap Archive.
- Select Posts/Stories Archive at the top, then select Stories Archive, Posts Archive or Live Archive.
There you have it! You can now go through your archived posts, stories or lives. Tap on them to see the likes and comments. If you wish to restore any posts, keep reading to find out how it is done.
Read More: How To Search Instagram Posts By Date
How To Unarchive Posts On Instagram On Computer
Now that you have installed BlueStack on your computer, everything is exactly like on your smartphone. You can unarchive posts on the computer the same way you do it on your phone. Follow the steps below to unarchive posts on Instagram on your computer.
- Go to your profile picture in the bottom right to go to your profile.
- Tap the 3-line menu in the top right, then tap Your activity.
- Press Archive.
- Choose the post you'd like to show on your profile.
- Tap the 3-dots icon in the top right, then select Show on Profile.
Immediately, your post will appear on your profile. It is worth mentioning that you can also delete posts, stories and lives in your archive. Just tap the 3-dots icon and select Delete to remove it permanently.