If you enjoyed drawing pictures as a child, only to have any shred of creativity crushed out of you by an overbearing formal education system, then how to use Midjourney AI may be a great way to help you rediscover that spark.
Midjourney AI is one of the best AI image generators out there and it has been garnering a lot of attention since its launch. You can read our Midjourney AI review to see what we thought. If you're interested in exploring generative art, and the way that AI can help you create artwork, then this is the article for you.
We'll explain how to use Midjourney AI, and for anyone who isn't aware, we'll talk a bit more about what it actually is. Let's get going, that art isn't going to draw itself. Wait, no. That's exactly what it's going to do.
How To Use Midjourney AI On Discord
Getting started with MidJourney is extremely straightforward. You'll need a Discord account and your imagination.
- Start by going to https://discord.com/invite/midjourney. If you already have a Discord account, you can use that to sign in. Alternatively, you can register for an account.
- Once you're in, you'll see a range of options on the left-hand side of the screen.
- You can start by clicking on any of the Newcomer Rooms. You can look at any of the art other people are creating, and the sort of prompts they are using, if you need some inspiration.
- You can click on Getting Started for some guidance on what to do. There is also the FAQ option, where you can find the Quick Start Guide for further tips and tricks.
- If you just want to get stuck in straight away without having to do any further reading, then click on any of the Newcomer Rooms. You can look at any of the art other people are creating, and the sort of prompts they are using, if you need some inspiration.
- Next, type the /imagine Command into the chat box, press the spacebar, and then type your prompt.
- Your prompt can be more or less anything you want.
- Wait for the Modjourney Bot to process your request.
- When it generates your artwork, it will provide four different images. You can choose which one you want to upscale by clicking the relevant button (U1 to upscale image 1, U2 for image 2, and so on).
- The V buttons allow you to select one image and generate variations on that specific picture.
- If you want to view all the images you've created, go to your 'home page' in Midjourney.
In collaboration with an AI, you have now created your own work of art. It really is that simple. And now you know how to use it, you can try it for yourself.
Read More: Is Midjourney AI Free?
How To Use Midjourney AI For Free
As part of the beta program, users are able to generate around 25 images for free. There is also a subscription membership available, which allows you to create up to 200 images per month for $10, or unlimited images if you cough up $30 a month. Which, in our view, isn't unreasonable for being able to create your own works of art in a few moments.
If you want a free AI image generator, better go with Stable Diffusion. Their weights are available for the public for free and you can either access them using Google Colab or download them and run Stable Diffusion on your PC (if you have a VRAM of 6GB or more).
Also, you can generate NSFW images on Stable Diffusion and if that is something you are inclined to do, then it is worth having a look at the tool.
What Is Midjourney AI?
If it isn't already clear to you, you might be a little confused about what Midjourney AI is, and how it works. So let's explain.
Midjourney describes themselves as:
an independent research lab exploring new mediums of thought and expanding the imaginative powers of the human species.
The Midjourney AI is an image generator, that creates artwork based on the prompts that you provide. There are several other systems that do something similar - perhaps most notably DALL-E and Stable Diffusion.