When you find yourself in a situation where you've left your debit card behind but still need to withdraw cash, you can use Google Pay at the ATM.
In the modern age, numerous banks and ATMs now embrace the cardless cash withdrawal feature, which seamlessly enables you to access your funds via the Google Pay app, making your physical ATM card a thing of the past.
This guide will walk you through the steps to ensure you can confidently and conveniently use Google Pay at an ATM to withdraw money.
How to use Google Pay at an ATM
To use Google Pay at an ATM, simply select the "QR Cash" option on the ATM screen and enter the desired amount. Then use the GPay app on your mobile to scan the QR code displayed on the screen and input your UPI PIN.
Here are the detailed steps to use Google Pay at an ATM to withdraw cash without an ATM card:
- On the ATM screen, select one of the options below, whichever is available:
- UPI Cash Withdrawal
- Interoperable Cardless Cash Withdrawal (ICCW)
- QR Cash
- Enter the amount you want to withdraw. The ATM will then generate a secure and signed dynamic QR on the ATM screen for 30 seconds.
- On your mobile device, open the Google Pay app and scan the QR code on the ATM screen.
- Select the bank account you want to withdraw cash from, and then enter your UPI PIN to authorise your withdrawal.
- When the payment is successful, on the ATM, follow the on-screen instructions. Wait for the ATM to dispense your cash.
If you do not see the "QR Cash" or any of the previously mentioned options on the ATM screen, it means that the ATM does not currently support this feature. In such cases, you will need to find another ATM to withdraw money.
Why is Google Pay cardless cash withdrawal not working for me?
For the Google Pay cardless cash withdrawal feature to work, both your bank added to GPay and the ATM’s acquiring bank must support it.
Are there any transaction limits?
Yes, there are transaction limits in place for both the maximum cash withdrawal amount per transaction and the total number of UPI-ATM transactions you can perform.
Can you use Google Pay on an iPhone?
Google Pay for iPhone is only available in the US and India. So if you reside in either of these countries, you can indeed use Google Pay on your iPhone.