Music and sound effects play a crucial role in the videos. When paired with other elements, they can make the content seem more engaging and fun to watch. However, if a video is lacking in these elements, it can feel very bland and boring. That’s why you need to know how totrim sound on TikTok.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to trim sound on TikTok and how to edit sound effects on TikTok. Let's begin!
How to Trim Sound on TikTok?
As mentioned above, music and sound effects play an integral part in videos. The sound effects can add variety and a sense of realism to the video, while the music provides a consistent background that gives viewers some sense of context and direction.
TikTok videos last anywhere from 15 to 60 seconds. Definitely, you can’t fit a full-length song in a video, but it’s possible to add a small portion of a song to make it more entertaining. Whether that portion is an instrumental track, a vocal track or even an audio clip from a movie – adding it will make your video a bit more dynamic.
That's where sound trimming comes in. It allows you to cut a specific portion of a song and add it to the background of your video. Here is how to trim sound on TikTok:
- In the TikTok app, click on the “+” icon.
- Now, record a new video or upload an existing one from your library.
- Tap Sounds and select the song/music you like to add.
- Now, click on the Scissors icon to see the audio sound wave.
- Drag and adjust the waveform so thatthe desired beginning of the song is at the beginning of the waveform.
- Once you have selected the portion of song (highlighted in teal), you can adjust the volume by clicking on Volume at the bottom.
- Once your are done, preview your video to make sure it turned out as you liked.
Why Can't I Trim Sound on TikTok?
Many TikTok users have been facing problems with trimming sound on TikTok. The trim tool is greyed out for them, and hence, they are unable to trim sound.
This is due to the fact that TikTok doesn't allow you to trim the original audio. Also, if the total length of the selected music (no the highlighted portion) is shorter (say 20 secs) than your video (say 30 secs), it won't allow you to trim the audio.
There is also another possibility. As you know, the minimum length of a TikTok video is 15 seconds. And if you select audio that is shorter than 15 secs, naturally, it won't allow you to trim it.