TikTok is a platform that allows people to make short videos. But now, it has evolved and become a platform where you can make videos up to 10 minutes long. With videos up to 10 minutes long, you can create content that is both entertaining and informative. In this post, we will show you how to create a 10-minute long video on TikTok.
What is the Maximum Length of a TikTok Video?
Initially, TikTok’s time limit per clip was 15 seconds. Later, it expanded to 60 seconds, and then 3 minutes. Now, the company has tripled the length, allowing the users to create videos up to 10 minutes long.
On Feb 28, 2022, TikTok announced that it is expanding the maximum length for uploads to 10 minutes. With 10 minutes long videos, the community will get more time to create and be entertained on TikTok, said a company spokesperson to The Verge. He added:
Today, we’re excited to start rolling out the ability to upload videos that are up to 10 minutes, which we hope would unleash even more creative possibilities for our creators around the world.”
Longer videos will allow TikTok to increase overall engagement time on the app and thus boost its user base. Also, it will allow TikTok to compete with longer-form content platforms like Youtube.
How to Make 10 Minutes Long Videos on TikTok?
TikTok has already started to roll out the feature to users globally. The company is rolling out the feature in stages and it would take some time before you would get the ability to upload 10 minute long videos.
If you are someone who already has this feature, let's look at how you can make 10 minutes long videos on TikTok. Here is what you need to do:
- Update your TikTok app to its latest version in order to get the new 10 minutes long video feature.
- Once you have it, tap + at bottom of the screen.
- Above the pink camera button you will see four different options – 15s, 60s, 3m and 10m.
- Slide across until you get to 10m and start recording. If you are looking to "upload" a 10 minute video, then proceed to the next step.
- Tap Upload and select the video that you want to upload from your device Library.
- Add Sounds, Effects, Filters, and tap Next once you’re done editing the video.
- Write your caption, add hashtags and tag people on the post page.
- Tap Post and you are done.
That's it! Surprisingly, it's really easy. Now, go ahead and make some 10 minute long videos. You can also go to the Explore page and find some interesting long videos to check out. If you haven't got the 10 minutes video feature yet, don't worry. You will get it soon. Make sure you update your TikTok app whenever a newer version is available.