Struggling to change the location on Instagram? We've got you covered!
There arises some situations where you want to change your location on Instagram. This is especially the case if you want to use some Instagram features or filters - the hand and face effects for instance - that are not available in your country.
In this article, we will explain the different ways to change the location on Instagram. Let's get started!
How To Change Location On Instagram
The Instagram app automatically detects your location via GPS and uses the information from your device to display relevant content. This means there is no official way to change your location on Instagram.
However, there is a way to make it possible. You can change location on Instagram by spoofing your location with the help of fake GPS apps or software. You can drop a pin on any country in the world you wish and the corresponding coordinates become your actual location.
How To Change Location On Instagram Post
Changing the location on an Instagram post is quite simple. Luckily, it doesn't require any VPN service or GPS spoofing apps. Whether it is before posting the picture or after, here is what you need to do change location.
- Go to Settings > Apps > Instagram and revoke or deny location permission.
- Now open the app, upload the picture and tap Add location.
- If you wish to change the location on an already published post, tap the post, select edit and tap the location.
- Type in and choose the location you like.
There you go! Absolutely painless, right? Since that's sorted, have a look at how to turn off suggested posts on Instagram. It will help you declutter your Instagram feed.
How To Change Login Activity Location On Instagram Android
For whatever reason you want to change your login activity location, you would be glad to know that it is quite easy to do. If you want to change it to a different location, follow these steps.
- On the Instagram app, open Settings and navigate to Security > Login activity.
- Tap on the 3-dot icon next to the currently active login and tap Log Out. You will be logged out of your account.
- Go to Settings > Apps > Instagram and deny location permission.
- Install a VPN app from the Play Store.
- Open your VPN app and select a country you like to connect to.
- Now, open the Instagram app and log in.
That's it! If you go to the Login activity menu again, you will see that you are logged in from the country you connected to via VPN.
In case Instagram is not sending you security codes when you try to log back in, we have some easy fixes that you can try.