Are you trying to use the latest Social Media app, only to find the Gas App crashing? The Gas App is currently sweeping the United States faster than a perfidious rumour about the celebrity of your choice. But if you're trying to use it, you may find that it keeps crashing, or you can't open it.
This is, as the kids say, A. Big. Deal. Because who wants to miss out on all the fun? Nobody, that's who. Except for Craig. Craig's a buzzkill. But we don't want you to end up like Craig. This is why we're bringing you this guide on the steps to take if you experience the Gas App crashing.
How to fix the Gas App crashing issue
If you are struggling to get the Gas App to load successfully, here are the steps we recommend:
- Start by closing and reopening the app. And make sure you actually close it, rather than just minimising it.
- Check for any updates for the app. An old version of the app may lead to issues with it working properly. If there is an update available, download and install it, to see if that resolves the issue.
- Clear your cache. As you use apps, they will cache data on your device, in order to load faster. This can, over time, eventually lead to issues, especially if any data has been corrupted. To do this on iOS, you'll need to uninstall, then reinstall the app.
- Check to see if you are experiencing the issue on another device. If, for example, you are using the app on an iPhone, try logging in on an iPad, if you can.
- Crashing can also arise if your phone is running low on storage. So try deleting some apps, photos or videos that you no longer need to free up space. You can read our more detailed guide to free up space on iPhone.
If nothing is working, then it may be a case of waiting for further updates to the app from the developer. It is possible that there are issues with the servers, for example. You can follow the official @gasappteam Twitter feed for any relevant updates.
- Read More: How to fix BeReal unknown error status 400
Why is Gas App crashing?
It's almost impossible to explain exactly why the Gas App is crashing, but experience does suggest that there are three main reasons why this happens:
- The app needs to be updated
- Your device is low on cache memory
- Your app is corrupted and needs updating
There is also the possibility that you are trying to use the app on an incompatible device. This is more likely if you are using an old iPhone that no longer receives iOS updates.
If you do have an older device, then you can still try the fixes we outlined above. But there may come a point where you have to admit defeat, and consider updating your device.
It's worth remembering that Gas is a new app, so issues may be more prevalent in its early days. And with its enormous popularity, it may be the case that user numbers are putting pressure on the servers. So crashing may be a short-term issue that sorts itself out.
But in the meantime, try the fixes we suggested above. These are your best bet for resolving the crashing issue, so you can get back to complimenting your classmates.