If the Gas app confirmation code is not appearing for you, you are not alone.
The Gas app has become an instant hit among high schoolers and the teens are loving it. However, the app is plagued with bugs and glitches such as occasional crashing and login issues, which sometimes make users frustrated.
As far as reported problems go, the confirmation code not appearing issue is the most annoying one as it prevents you from creating an account, and therefore denies you what the app has to offer.
Fortunately, we can help! We've put together a few solutions for you to fix the Gas app confirmation code not appearing issue.
How to fix the Gas app confirmation code not appearing issue
It's inevitable that Gas will encounter issues since it's a new app. We've seen a similar unknown error in the viral BeReal where users are not getting their verification code when they try to create an account.
Thankfully, there are some standard troubleshooting steps that you can take if the confirmation code is not appearing. Before we get into the troubleshooting tips, make sure the app and your OS are fully updated.
Also, make sure you have entered the correct phone number (it supports only US phone numbers as of now).
- First, kill the app, relaunch it, and then try logging in.
- If the problem persists, make sure the Gas app servers are up and running as they should. Check out their official Twitter page for updates on ongoing server issues. If the servers are down, you won't receive a confirmation code and will have to wait until the issue is resolved.
- If the servers are functioning properly, make sure your internet connection is working properly. So try a different app to see if that's going online properly. You can also try switching to a different network, for example, going from WiFi to cellular data.
- The servers might be overburdened with traffic, and therefore having trouble responding to your code request. If that is the case, you may need to wait for a while for the traffic to clear up and then try again.
- You can try uninstalling and reinstalling the app as a nuclear option, in case the cache data of the app is corrupted.
Hopefully, one of the suggestions we have provided here will work for you. If not, you may need to contact the folks at Gas via email@example.com. If a bug in the app is causing the issue, only the developers can help with that.
Read more: What time is BeReal today?
Why is the confirmation code not appearing?
Usually, confirmation code issues are caused by a number of things such as server outages, server overload, a problem with your internet connection, a bug in the app or an outdated app/OS. Due to this, it is difficult to identify the exact cause of the issue.
There is not much you can do if the problem lies with the servers or with the code of the app. You must have to be patient until the devs fix the issue. For everything else, the tips and tricks we have provided here will fix the login issue for you.